Sterling Ring

Lil Worm6

Elite Member
I stopped and got a permission after work yesterday at a 1930's home. I walk to the side of the house to detect around the walk way into the house, and take about 5 steps when I get my first signal. I pop the plug and I see what appears to be a pull tab staring out at me. I'm thinking, how can a pull tab sound so good?! I grab the exposed part of the "pull tab" and out pops the ring. I have never seen one quite like it shape wise.

I should have walked back to the truck, and headed home. I jinxed the rest of my hunt. I ended up with $2.05 in clad, and a '47 wheat.

Attachments

• Ring 4-26-2019.jpg
    Ring 4-26-2019.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 328
  • sterling 4-26-2019.jpg
    sterling 4-26-2019.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 220
Nice find. Yep been there and done that. Strike early and the rest of the hunt nothing to brag about not even mediocre quality find.

Happens in reverse too. Find nothing really of significance and at the last moments of detecting for the day strike a bingo late.

I like the latter above for some reason. Maybe because the first scenario above I feel like I wasted my time. Or I got all pumped up early and then the BIG let down.

Thanks for sharing.

Nice find. Yep been there and done that. Strike early and the rest of the hunt nothing to brag about not even mediocre quality find.

Happens in reverse too. Find nothing really of significance and at the last moments of detecting for the day strike a bingo late.

I like the latter above for some reason. Maybe because the first scenario above I feel like I wasted my time. Or I got all pumped up early and then the BIG let down.

Thanks for sharing.
Thank you Sir!! Pumped is the right word for it. I was 50/50 thinking man this could be good....REAL GOOD!!! With the thought of boy.....I just jinxed this outing!!! :laughing:
That's a nice old find. Very thin, but with some impressive trestle work! I can see the pulltab resemblance.
Thank you Foragist!!! I seen the tab part, and immediately put my pinpointer to the hole thinking no way that's what was pinging!!! it was a pleasant surprise when I pulled it out.
Very cool looking sterling ring!
Thank you StartTone!!!

Nice ring recovery! I found one with a similar band, and its not a very comfortable fit. Im not sure if theyre part of a set or what. Like you, I thought it was something different at first like a bushing.

A nice little Sterling Ring Travis. Sorry the rest of the hunt was as productive. Sometimes it just happens that way. Still, Congrats as you went home with Silver. Trapper

Congrats on the pretty piece of sterling Worm! More often than not my hunts start off awesome and just fizzle out.:lol:

Congrats on the silver ring! At first by the way you are holding it, I certainly would have thought it was a pull tab too.

Very nice ring, congrats!

Nice looking ring; congrats! :good:

Congrats on the really nice looking sterling ring. I can see why you thought it was a pulltab.

Very nice ring congrats ive been jinxed the same way more than once :(

Nice job Worm!

Nice ring recovery! I found one with a similar band, and its not a very comfortable fit. Im not sure if theyre part of a set or what. Like you, I thought it was something different at first like a bushing.

A nice little Sterling Ring Travis. Sorry the rest of the hunt was as productive. Sometimes it just happens that way. Still, Congrats as you went home with Silver. Trapper

Congrats on the pretty piece of sterling Worm! More often than not my hunts start off awesome and just fizzle out.:lol:

Thank you guys!!! I guess since the rest of the hunt was a dud, at least I did leave with a little silver.

Worm's been on a silver streak lately, especially after last night which I don't think he posted about yet! I'm changing his name to silver slayer:lol:

Back
Top Bottom