Another Barber and 1st Buffalo FTY

TundraPlugger

Elite Member
Got done with work early again today but instead of heading to "Token Park" again I wanted to go check out some ground I've detected before but not with the 3030.

Right off the bat in the front yard of this old house I got a good wheatie signal. I dug done and put the pin pointer in the hole to find my first buffalo nickel of the year....1937-D. The higher tone was coming from the 2 wheats in the same hole.

Dug a few more wheats in that same tiny front yard that I had missed with other machines and then found that Cadillac looking hood ornament type thing.....not really sure what it is.

Told myself that I only could have one more good signal before I had to go. Went over some more ground that I'd been over with the Etrac probably a dozen times and dug a 1905-O Barber dime!

I'm not too sure what a New Orleans minted coin is doing up this way.
f23445bc37ab3d6ec4954260c06754d7.jpg
e34d61ff341b3d3f5b09ba0c2b4cc161.jpg
cb8f450acf28ca927d8f37250565ccbd.jpg
bcc3b9102bb56f86b7e327042b32eb98.jpg
61de7bdace8858e26fadfa610ec48729.jpg
e6dcbc195be97568a4b960a455000c09.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Another Barber? Your doing good lately! I now remember how nice your old pennies come out of the dirt over there. Looks like the soil is kind to buffalo nickels too! :wow:

Another Barber? Your doing good lately! I now remember how nice your old pennies come out of the dirt over there. Looks like the soil is kind to buffalo nickels too! :wow:
Thanks Foragist! The ground is very kind to stuff around here.....only draw back is we don't get much older than Barbers and Indians......but I'll take 'em!

Another very fine outing Tundra. Congrats on the Barber, a great looking Buffalo along with all those Wheat's. Your season is really starting off very well. Trapper

In the last few weeks I've dug my first buffalo for the year, a Barber dime AND a Cadillac emblem! What a strange coincidence. Nice hunting!

Another very fine outing Tundra. Congrats on the Barber, a great looking Buffalo along with all those Wheat's. Your season is really starting off very well. Trapper
Thanks Jack! I've really got to hit it hard while I can since I normally don't get to start detecting until early April. I've been very lucky with the old finds so far though, that's for sure.

Congratulations on the nice digs. Have to agree with others, that buffalo looks mighty good after spending 80 years burried. Detail appears like a first year circulation drop.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Congrats on the Barber and Buff! I found a 1937 D a few weeks ago. Mine was not in quite as good shape as yours, but in decent shape. To bad not the three legged variety.

Congratulations on the nice digs. Have to agree with others, that buffalo looks mighty good after spending 80 years burried. Detail appears like a first year circulation drop.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk
Thanks Ecmo! I know the 1919-S wheat was in the hole with it but I didn't check the other one which was either the 1938-D or 1940......either way that buffalo didn't see much circulation that's for sure!

Congrats on the Barber and Buff! I found a 1937 D a few weeks ago. Mine was not in quite as good shape as yours, but in decent shape. To bad not the three legged variety.
Thanks longbow! I looked for the 3 legs right away.....bummer

Congrats on the nice assortment of finds! You did a good job in cleaning them out too.
Thanks JAK! Almost everything I dig cleans up pretty good.....except aluminum tokens.....they're usually corroded.

Your IHP's always look incredible. The one in my avatar is my best and I have dug a few others that are decent. Some have been really toasted. I have a V that came out of very sandy soil that is in outstanding shape. It has a grey/green patina instead of the normal brick red color that the majority of the ones I dig have.

Back
Top Bottom