We need updates on Nokta Multi!

REAL_RAT_FINK

Forum Supporter
No I don't have any updates on the Nokta Multi-frequency machine that is "supposedly" in the works.

This is a plea for Nokta-Makro to give an update! We are chomping at the bit to get some news! Anything you can share????

I know there are quite a few of us on the forum excited for some competition in the market and I personally think Nokta has the ability to pull this off. How 'bout it Nokta? :please:

I was speaking to a dealer in the UK about this a couple of weeks ago, and he said there was a lot of rumours about the such a machine, but he was very doubtful that N-M would be able to go fully Multi Frequency as Minelab held the appropriate patents...

I hope he is wrong..I have a Racer2 and would love a fully M-F version of the Anfibio...

I was speaking to a dealer in the UK about this a couple of weeks ago, and he said there was a lot of rumours about the such a machine, but he was very doubtful that N-M would be able to go fully Multi Frequency as Minelab held the appropriate patents...

I hope he is wrong..I have a Racer2 and would love a fully M-F version of the Anfibio...

Well, that is an update at least :) That would be a real let down if they can't go do a simultaneous multi. Seems to me there would be a way to get around it if they can improve upon an existing design or change a few components to make it theirs. I'm also not a patent expert, so hopefully they can find a way to compete in the multi market.

Don't Patents run out?

"A patent is a government-granted monopoly on an invention, for up to twenty years. As long as the patent is valid (the owner has to pay a yearly fee to maintain the patent), the owner can exclude others from (commercially) exploiting his invention."

I wish someone would give us a definitive answer on this. Minelab’s smf has been out a lot longer than 20 years and fisher’s cz line and white’s had smf detectors during that time. Hell we are speculating not only on patents but also why detector companies won’t give us straight answers on what’s coming out and when. I don’t expect them to change this now or in the future.

Patents are not a serious bar to new multifrequency. Doing the tough software to do something new and different is the EXTREMELY hard part.

Back
Top Bottom