A week of relics, wheats, silvers, and an Indian

TommyJay

Forum Supporter
I spent most of the week hunting 3 permissions that I got last summer, and some of the finds were surprising. Ive hit two of these lots pretty hard over the months, and the third one I have only hunted about a quarter of it. Im also mostly down to the 'iffy' signals.

IMG_0705.JPG

The owners had the 1885 home demolished, kinda sad, so I started to grid the lot again after they finished. I found a couple of wheats, a late 1800s pocket watch frame, a Kendall oil good luck token, the 1936S merc, the 1958D rosie, and the 1902 IH around the perimeter of where the house once stood.

IMG_0708.jpg

The celler hole lot, which I have gridded three times, provided the old steel Yale lock, and a 1946 wheat. The last lot, which I just started on, provided the saddle ornament, the silver looking shield, and two wheaties: a 1916 and 1918D. As far as I can tell, this last lot was just a vacant lot, or part of a larger lot that belonged to the adjacent home. Today the owner uses it to park company vehicles, toys, and some concrete products. Im just surprised to find the old wheaties there.

Thanks for looking, and HH!

Tom, great hunt, congrats on the silvers and Ihp. Sometimes I think I dig too many iffy signals, but that usually where you find the cool stuff. HH Mark

Congrats on the cool variety of finds! Seems like you have some quality spots to hit in your neck of the woods.:yes:

Some nice finds there TommyJay.

Thank you

Tom, great hunt, congrats on the silvers and Ihp. Sometimes I think I dig too many iffy signals, but that usually where you find the cool stuff. HH Mark

Thank you. Iffy signals can be rewarding.

Great finds; congrats on the wheaties & IHP, and especially the silver dimes! :clapping:

Thanks wolf-dog

NIce Digs!

Thank you

Congrats on the cool variety of finds! Seems like you have some quality spots to hit in your neck of the woods.:yes:

Thank you. Good permissions, and little competition helps.

Congrats on the very nice finds!

Thanks JAK

Back
Top Bottom