Trifecta starts my season

Foragist

Forum Supporter
Had a nice day today, with most of the recent snow melted off now. I spent a couple hours at the local park. Concentrated on areas that weren't too sloppy wet. After about a half hr of not finding much, already getting tired of digging false iron signals and other junk, I came upon another wishy-washy signal that had high tones, but a strong iron tone too. I dug a big rusty washer that was a couple inches down. I thought that was it, but after scanning with the coil again, I had to pull the plug right back up, and dig a little deeper, to find that high tone culprit; a silver Rosie dime! Awesome! First silver this year! This time I scanned again before putting the plug back, and HEY! Another high tone. A couple inches over was the mercury dime! My first silver was a double! I'm so happy now, anything else is just gravy. The trifecta thought occurred to me, but that's just dreaming, right? After a while, I worked my way around and back to that same area. This time, there was a tiny little wiggle spot(between trash signals)that gave me a weak high tone, like 27-28 on the Nox. Down about 6 to 7 inches, I spot silver. Another dime! I gave the muddy coin a gentle thumb wipe and saw the wreath with ONE DIME in the center. 1899 Barber! Now my 2019 is really off on the right foot. My first silver dime trifecta ever! Then, as kids were getting out of school, and starting to show up, I dug this little NATIONAL TRAILWAYS BUS SYSTEM pin to wrap things up for the day. :D

Attachments

• 20190416_154845.jpg
    20190416_154845.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 368
  • 20190416_154753.jpg
    20190416_154753.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 359
  • 20190416_154709.jpg
    20190416_154709.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 373
Now you gotta git yourself a day where you get the silver roosie, the merc, the barber, and a seated. Then that qualifies as a "grand slam", eh ? :cool3:

Outstanding start! Nice job!
Thanks Tom. You posted your first FTY recently too. Let's have a good 20191

Congrats on the multi-silver dimes, especially with the Barber!
Yeah the Barber was a surprise. My second one ever from this park, and the oldest coin from this park...so far. Thanks!

Beautiful, like the pin too, congrats.
Thanks Mikey! I like that pin too. I think it's from the 1960s or earlier.

That's the way to start the season!
You got that right! Some of you guys have a good head start on me, so it's good to get a leap right out of the gate. Thanks!

Now you gotta git yourself a day where you get the silver roosie, the merc, the barber, and a seated. Then that qualifies as a "grand slam", eh ? :cool3:
"Grand Slam" sounds so much better than "Trifecta"! I do hope to get in that club some day. Thanks Tom!

Now that is one hell of a good day. Congrats.
Agreed, indeed! Thank you!

Congratulations on the trifecta!
Way to go:yes:
Thanks Mat! It felt good to achieve such a feat.

Looks like you had a great day.👍👍
I sure did! Hoping for more great days to come this year. Thank you!

A very nice way to start you year. Congrats Blaise on the on the Silver Dime trifecta and the Sterling Pin. Trapper
Thank you Trapper. I remember last year started out really nice too, with a multi-silver and wheat spill. The fun part is trying to keep it going!
I like the Trailways pin, but it's not silver. It's aluminum. Unique little bugger!

A trifecta to START?? What now?:lol: Ya can’t set the bar that high to start,now everything is going to be all ho-hum and what not!
Seriously...very nice. Hitting the 1800s the first time out is a VERY good sign of things to come!

Nice tri!

Huh?

:laughing:

R5
"Nice tri" I like it! Should have used that for my title line. Thanks Ra1der5.

A trifecta to START?? What now?:lol: Ya can’t set the bar that high to start,now everything is going to be all ho-hum and what not!
Seriously...very nice. Hitting the 1800s the first time out is a VERY good sign of things to come!
Thanks Kevin! The bar is set now. No turning back. Really, though, it's all good. Even the inevitable ho-hum hunts provide the thrill of the chase.
Btw, this was my 4th or 5th time out, but the first silvers FTY. I meant to say that, but I see now I missed that point.

Great start on the silver, a big atttaboy on your first trifecta. Whats next ? A slam on quarters. Ha ha. But I hope you do. Good luck HH Mark

Great start on the silver, a big atttaboy on your first trifecta. Whats next ? A slam on quarters. Ha ha. But I hope you do. Good luck HH Mark
Thanks Mark! A "slam on quarters" is now in my dream bucket. :yes: Keeping it a little more realistic though, the top of my wish list(and it's a big list) is my first silver half dollar.

Back
Top Bottom