• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Ctx battery still charging? Is this normal?

Lbcwanabe

My ctx battery has been on the charger for about 6 hours now and still isn't indicating fully charged. The green light is still blinking and hasn't gone solid.
Is this normal?
Thanks

Sounds a bit long to me. Feel the battery is it warm??? Take the battery out and reinstall and try. Might want to unplug charger and replug as well.

Batt and charger were both cold. I put in machine and it doesn't say it's charging at all. I unplugged all connections. Any other ideas?

Unplug charger, remove battery if installed. Plug charger in, then insert battery.
See what happens to charging light.

Ok I did that. Top light is slowly blinking and the bottom light is solid green. When I plug the charging bay in both lights blink red for about a millisecond then the top goes out and the bottom light stays green.
Anyone know what ML's warranty policy is in a case like this?

Okay, just to be sure unplug charger. Plug charger in, then insert battery and tell me what you see. With the top lite and bottom lite??

Your charger is indicating it's charging the battery. Let it cook a while and monitor heat of battery. It should warm if it's charging. You could put battery in your detector and see how many bars the batterys shows for gee wiz. How long since you last charged your battery fully?

This is the first time I have charged it. I put it in the machine and it is not charging(1 red bar)

Let it charge a while. BTW operators manual says 4 hours or less should fully charge. I suspect you have a problem. If new I would contact my dealer, not minelab. Let them do the hoop jumping for you. Granted if you had used the unit, I'd say go straight to minelab. This IMO warrants dealer attention/resolve. Whatever you do. since something appears not right, don't leave the battery in the charger unattended. LiPro batteries can cause fires.

Try the car charger cable to the base, not the wall charger. If that works, your wall charger is bad.

Jeff

Thanks for all the help people! I will try my car charger in the morning. Meanwhile I'll contact Bart @ big boys hobbies. Thanks again for the help. I'll let u know what happens.

So I left it on charge all night and pluged it in this morning.its showing full charge when I put it in the detector but the green light won't stop blinking to show fully charged. Do u think this will change after the first cycle? I think I will still call ML and see what they say.

So I left it on charge all night and pluged it in this morning.its showing full charge when I put it in the detector but the green light won't stop blinking to show fully charged. Do u think this will change after the first cycle? I think I will still call ML and see what they say.

Sounding more like an issue with the charger base indicator since it did charge.

Try charging it again to make sure. Since it shows full when put in the detector, it should not take more than a couple of hour to be fully charged and the indicator light should go solid when complete.

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom