A SoCal Heartbreaker Plus The Usual Silver And Stuff

Jamflicker

Elite Member
Hey everyone,
Here are some finds from an after work hunt and an all day hunt. The only silver I found during the after work hunt was a 1957 Canadian quarter which I was happy about finding a foreign silver coin. Then on Easter, I spent the day hopping around parks trying to find some spots that weren't packed like crazy. I found a few spots to swing the coil and came home with 5 silver coins including a tiny piece of a rosie. I also thought I found my first big silver coin but it turn out to be a heartbreaker and just silver plated. It is marked 1 ounce .999 silver but it is definitely not silver. I also found a 1909 plain wheat.

These finds takes me to 43 silver coins and 285 wheat pennies for the year.

Jason

Attachments

• 73CD6C2E-4030-49EF-9878-1D50170C0D50.jpg
    73CD6C2E-4030-49EF-9878-1D50170C0D50.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 444
  • IMG_0747.jpg
    IMG_0747.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 434
  • IMG_0785.jpg
    IMG_0785.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 411
Hey everyone,
Here are some finds from an after work hunt and an all day hunt. The only silver I found during the after work hunt was a 1957 Canadian quarter which I was happy about finding a foreign silver coin. Then on Easter, I spent the day hopping around parks trying to find some spots that weren't packed like crazy. I found a few spots to swing the coil and came home with 5 silver coins including a tiny piece of a rosie. I also thought I found my first big silver coin but it turn out to be a heartbreaker and just silver plated. It is marked 1 ounce .999 silver but it is definitely not silver. I also found a 1909 plain wheat.

These finds takes me to 43 silver coins and 285 wheat pennies for the year.

Jason

Awesome Finds Jason

You didn't show the best part of that da Vinci Coin :lol: assuming you have the one I am thinking of..

And they were all obediently found south of the Santa Barbara line. Good job ! :cool3:

Sweet finds Jason! I bet seeing that big silver in the hole was quite a thrill!

Sorry for your heartbreak Jason. Still another very nice week of hunting. That sliver of Silver is a amazing find and it has enough detail for a positive ID. Congrats! Trapper

Congrats on the awesome finds! Some foreign silver is always a unique and welcome find. That stinks that the big piece of silver was a fake.:(

Sweet hunting Jam! I like that LDV coin silver or not - had to look up the reverse for the tame naked lady scene :lol:

How much of a sliver of a coin needs to be there to “count”? Or ?

Nice hunting and reporting :). Thanks!

Sorry for your heartbreak Jason. Still another very nice week of hunting. That sliver of Silver is a amazing find and it has enough detail for a positive ID. Congrats! Trapper
Thanks Trapper. Yes barely enough to know that silver sliver is a Rosie. It was a deep Indian head sound and was surprised to see the tiny piece of silver.
Congrats on the awesome finds! Some foreign silver is always a unique and welcome find. That stinks that the big piece of silver was a fake.:(
Thanks. Yes it stink the coin wasn’t silver but that’s the breaks. I’m still looking for my first big silver coin like that one.
Very nice finds Jason, wow, you sure found a tiny bit of a silver Rosie, that is way cool!
Thanks
Sweet hunting Jam! I like that LDV coin silver or not - had to look up the reverse for the tame naked lady scene :lol:

How much of a sliver of a coin needs to be there to “count”? Or ?

Nice hunting and reporting :). Thanks!
Thanks! Haha, I was wondering how many would look up the reverse of that token. Any part of a silver coin counts in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom