A possible pencil day ???

bibelot

Forum Supporter
Hunting an new farmland permission and out of a plowed field I found this item. My first thought was a home made plumb bob or possible fishing weight but now I think it was a bullet reformed to a pencil. You can see where possibly the point was sharpened at one time. DSC04136.jpg

DSC04134.jpg

DSC04135.jpg

DSC04133.jpg

DSC04132.jpg

Hmmm, strange but I agree it looks like it's been sharpened on the end with a pocket knife just as you would a lead pencil. Unique find.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

I'm a bit excited about the permissions, bits of clay crock and orange brick broken up everywhere in the field, a ton of iron signals. I pulled a large copper coin, most likely a large cent but the damage is so severe, I didn't have a lot of time there yet as a thunder storm pushed through while trying to hunt it but I'll get back there.

very cool. Avoca is an interesting area, right down the road from me as well. you ever look for native american artifacts in that valley?

very cool. Avoca is an interesting area, right down the road from me as well. you ever look for native american artifacts in that valley?

I have permission to hunt where the Iroquois longhouses use to be. For years he let the scouts in to search for arrowheads, I just haven't taken the time to hunt it yet.Holler if you want to do that, just give me advance notice so I can get a hold of him to let him know we will be hunting it.He gave me permission last year,I haven't taken the time yet.

I have permission to hunt where the Iroquois longhouses use to be. For years he let the scouts in to search for arrowheads, I just haven't taken the time to hunt it yet.Holler if you want to do that, just give me advance notice so I can get a hold of him to let him know we will be hunting it.He gave me permission last year,I haven't taken the time yet.

Dang! That is an offer I can't refuse. I have heard stories of those longhouses nearly my whole life! They mentioned them in school when I was young, and some of the old timers around here would mention it occasionally.

Dang! That is an offer I can't refuse. I have heard stories of those longhouses nearly my whole life! They mentioned them in school when I was young, and some of the old timers around here would mention it occasionally.

Hopefully we can catch it after the fields are plowed.I'll get a hold of Red and let him know we are interested in hunting it. I'll PM you and we can go from there for a time frame.It'll be nice to meet another forum member. Ivan

Hopefully we can catch it after the fields are plowed.I'll get a hold of Red and let him know we are interested in hunting it. I'll PM you and we can go from there for a time frame.It'll be nice to meet another forum member. Ivan

Awesome, I'll buy the coffee and lunch! Also looking forward to meeting you.
-Trevor

Back
Top Bottom