Earbuds, here's what I'm looking for...

pacer

First, thanks to everyone for looking and perhaps responding. I'm looking for a set of earbuds that are Bluetooth, capable of paring with my Nox 800, true aptx low latency with "ear hangers" (see photos). Been looking, but no success finding earbuds with the exact combination as stated. If anyone has come across what I'm in search of, please post.

Attachments

• ear.jpg
    ear.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 268
  • ear clips.jpg
    ear clips.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 251
have to checked out earbuds with inner ear wings? I hadn't tried them before I purchased a set of Soundpeats and found them very comfortable and secure after several hours of continuous use.. bluetooth 5.0 low latency.. 9 hours of battery time.

have to checked out earbuds with inner ear wings? I hadn't tried them before I purchased a set of Soundpeats and found them very comfortable and secure after several hours of continuous use.. bluetooth 5.0 low latency.. 9 hours of battery time.

Thank you for your suggestion about Soundpeats. However, as I indicated, looking for earbuds with over the ear "ear hangers" as in the picture.

The soundpeats will surprise you at comfort and are aptx ll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with pacer - I've been looking hard for a pair of "ear-hanger" type earbuds that are aptx low latency bluetooth since November, and have come up empty. All other types of earbuds just don't stay in my ears securely enough. I've tried many - even the "inner ear wing" variety. Like all the other in-ear style earbuds, even with the inner ear wing, their ability to stay securely in place is directly related to the shape/size of your ear. For me, they never work - if they aren't outright falling out, they're changing position such that they become difficult to hear and/or allow too much outside noise in, causing me to have to pause constantly to readjust their position in my ear. I've even lost my wedding band in a field as a direct result of fiddling with in-ear earbuds on a cold day. For me, the only earbuds that stay put and don't need constant readjusting are those with ear hangers.

I'll let you know if I ever find any, pacer...but so far, nobody seems to make them.

I bought the same pair you have pictured only in red. They work great, I dont even use the hooks. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/113609740895
No it doesn't have all the features you have listed, but its the latest Bluetooth technology, and they are only just over 25$. Buy a pair and if you dont like them, no big deal, they were only 25$... Ill keep a lookout, ive also been on the search, but I'm not sure there's a pair of phones made to our likings yet.

FOlks with EQX 800 model. You will get better performance if you will use either wired headphones plugged into detector or use your Wi stream supplied module with headphones or ear buds of your choice.

Here are 2 targets I listened to wearing blue tooth oem wireless headphones. Would have dismissed as iron wearing them.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9jUXGNQPZ0U

Last edited:
I bought the same pair you have pictured only in red. They work great, I dont even use the hooks. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/113609740895
No it doesn't have all the features you have listed, but its the latest Bluetooth technology, and they are only just over 25$. Buy a pair and if you dont like them, no big deal, they were only 25$... Ill keep a lookout, ive also been on the search, but I'm not sure there's a pair of phones made to our likings yet.

Thanks for your post, I have looked at them. You stated they don't have all the features I'm looking for. What is it that they are missing? My main concern is that they pair with my Nox, low latency and over the ear hangers.

FOlks with EQX 800 model. You will get better performance if you will use either wired headphones plugged into detector or use your Wi stream supplied module with headphones or ear buds of your choice.

Here are 2 targets I listened to wearing blue tooth oem wireless headphones. Would have dismissed as iron wearing them.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9jUXGNQPZ0U

Thanks for the video, TNSS. I understand that the WM-08 is faster (lower latency) than bluetooth, but it seems that you’re suggesting that the audio quality is inherently better using the WiStream than bluetooth...is that right? I haven’t heard anyone else claim that yet. A side-by-side comparison of the signals pre-dig using the WM-08 and then using bluetooth would have helped demonstrate the difference in the video, but not sure if that’s possible with your recording set up. Still, I might argue that the perceived audio quality difference might just be a result of the different performance characteristics of the headphones you’re using as opposed to the module. Heck, I’ve even experienced situations where a pair of earbuds that sounded fantastic paired wirelessly on my Ace 400 were atrocious on my AT Max.

Regardless, I’m interested in being completely wireless for the sheer convenience of it - even a short wire to the module would inevitably snag or become an annoyance in some way. Been there, done that when I had my Garrett AT Max - I used their WR-1 receiver to connect my wired earbuds with the Max’s Z-Lynk. First, I never did find a good place to keep the WR-1 while hunting (it’s about the same size as the WM-08). When I hooked it to my belt, it would always eventually work it’s way off with the constant up and down to dig, ultimately yanking the earbuds out of my ears when it finally popped off the belt. If I put it in a pant pocket, it was generally in the way and/or annoying as I moved to dig. Secondly, I was limited in where I could place the WR-1 because the signal would often drop if I attached it to myself in a spot where my body blocked it from the detector - admittedly that might be a Z-Lynk limitation. Third, regardless of where I attached the module, there was always the annoyance of figuring out an unobtrusive way to snake the wire under my clothes to the module so it would minimize the chances of snagging, yet still allow freedom of movement as I got up and down to dig (and I would spend the hunt feeling like I was wearing an FBI wire :lol:). Anyway, I don’t see those issues being any different with the WM-08 on the EQ. But if the audio quality really is appreciably better - I can be convinced to tether myself again.

Thanks for the video, TNSS. I understand that the WM-08 is faster (lower latency) than bluetooth, but it seems that you’re suggesting that the audio quality is inherently better using the WiStream than bluetooth...is that right? I haven’t heard anyone else claim that yet. A side-by-side comparison of the signals pre-dig using the WM-08 and then using bluetooth would have helped demonstrate the difference in the video, but not sure if that’s possible with your recording set up. Still, I might argue that the perceived audio quality difference might just be a result of the different performance characteristics of the headphones you’re using as opposed to the module. Heck, I’ve even experienced situations where a pair of earbuds that sounded fantastic paired wirelessly on my Ace 400 were atrocious on my AT Max.

Regardless, I’m interested in being completely wireless for the sheer convenience of it - even a short wire to the module would inevitably snag or become an annoyance in some way. Been there, done that when I had my Garrett AT Max - I used their WR-1 receiver to connect my wired earbuds with the Max’s Z-Lynk. First, I never did find a good place to keep the WR-1 while hunting (it’s about the same size as the WM-08). When I hooked it to my belt, it would always eventually work it’s way off with the constant up and down to dig, ultimately yanking the earbuds out of my ears when it finally popped off the belt. If I put it in a pant pocket, it was generally in the way and/or annoying as I moved to dig. Secondly, I was limited in where I could place the WR-1 because the signal would often drop if I attached it to myself in a spot where my body blocked it from the detector - admittedly that might be a Z-Lynk limitation. Third, regardless of where I attached the module, there was always the annoyance of figuring out an unobtrusive way to snake the wire under my clothes to the module so it would minimize the chances of snagging, yet still allow freedom of movement as I got up and down to dig (and I would spend the hunt feeling like I was wearing an FBI wire :lol:). Anyway, I don’t see those issues being any different with the WM-08 on the EQ. But if the audio quality really is appreciably better - I can be convinced to tether myself again.

Yes Wi steam better audio quality across the board. Less lag. Seems to allow better reporting of Nox in high iron sites. When one gets a good tuned ear using Bluetooth with Nox and switches to Wi stream you’ll notice.

Some detecting scenarios Wi stream will stand out more vs Bluetooth.

Yes Wi steam better audio quality across the board. Less lag. Seems to allow better reporting of Nox in high iron sites. When one gets a good tuned ear using Bluetooth with Nox and switches to Wi stream you’ll notice.

Some detecting scenarios Wi stream will stand out more vs Bluetooth.

Very interesting to hear, TNSS - looks like I need to break that WiStream box out of it's plastic and experiment with it coupled to wired earbuds. Thanks for the tip!

Are those low latency aptx? Any discernible lag with them? I'm thinking of trying a pair of these so I can wear a sun hat in the summer.

Back
Top Bottom