GMZ gold detector

kevinslack

does anyone know anything about the GMZ gold detector from whites. is there any down falls with this detector if you are wanting to fined BB size nuggets.

My thinking on the GMZ and I have never used one is...

it is designed for the weekend recreational user. It lacks several features needed to make it a serious gold detector. That said, it probably does a very adequate job on BB sized nuggets in most ground conditions. Mind you this is all conjecture on my part and I could be very wrong.

A good used GM3 or 4B would be the better choice if you intend to give nugget hunting a serious try.

Tom

gm3

Hi guys I am new to the thread but have been detecting for a little while now, mostly for gold. Kevinslack I notice you are fairly new to detecting and are interested in prospecting. The whites gm3 machine was my first machine and though its 12+ years old it is still a kickin little machine. It will detect very small sized nuggets on the suface and depending on the ground I can get a bb size 2 to 3 inches down. Bigger items like a horse shoe from the comstock 2 feet down. with the sierra gold max loop it will bust out a silver dollar at 2 feet . You can get them for fairly cheap now $200 to $300 Ive been seing them for that recently. But be warned this machine comes with a bit of a learning curve as it has no disc functions just slight audio variation and a iron id meter But the sat speed is a Little help with the ground at sacrifice to depth. I am not sure how this compares to the sensitivity of newer machines but basically I think their main benefit is discrimination and ground handeling ability. I couldnt imagine trying to find things that tiny ,bird shot is troulblesome enough. I hear the minelabs do the same But am told will punch out a bb at 8 inches. Hope you find the machine you want!

Back
Top Bottom