Got permission for a golf course

Glennz

Elite Member
Well i sent an email and i got permission to hunt a golf course... the place isn't very old but it use to be farm land from the 20s so you never know... Hopefully the ground thaws soon around that part at least enough to detect.

Yeah, I am surprised to hear this as well....last place I would imagine that would say yes to anyone walking about diggin up their greens....smiles....

Like I say....this hobby never ceases to amaze me....

HDD

I think they might know a little about our hobby. Don't know for sure, also a part of the land is not golf course Anyway just glad i got permission, its better than what i have now....

Although i'm joining the local metal detecting club this year (i didnt know we had one) the president and i had a lengthy phone chat. He said he will take me down to the Matanuska colony (America's only colony) where he has permission to detect... that will be fun...

so far my list of personal permission gained places this summer consists of:

1970s house - helping the homeowner find lost watch and ring
2 1930-now colony houses
1920-now gold mine
the golf course

Golf courses are a great place to detect! However if I were you I would do it at night if possible. You don't want other ppl seeing you and thinking its okay for them to do it too. Keep it to yourself and be discreet. Make sure you don't dig on the greens or even the tee boxes. Rough areas, fairways near roughs. I would try to do beside the tee boxes as that's where ppl are getting things from their bags or coming off of a green to put things back into their bags. Great place for coins, rings, ball markers etc... Have fun

There's a golf course around here that holds a little bit of history on it. I thought about the wood areas. :-)

i don't think my golf corse up here is like everyone is thinking of... it used to be a hay field and they simply mowed the grass, most of it looks dead

Back
Top Bottom