2 Hour Beach Hunt Today in Miami Beach

Jimb0

Hey guys, I got out for my VERY FIRST hunt ever. This time on Miami Beach. Beautiful day down here today, 81 and sunny. Spent 2 hours hunting low tide while my wife got some sun.

There was a pretty nice cut (3 ') and a small drainage area that I worked. Managed to gather 19 coins (14 pennies and 5 dimes) for a total of $0.64. Plus some foreign coin...

I also picked up a cheap looking ear ring and a small bracelet. I'm not sure what the bracelet is made of - it looks cheap - I do not have an eye for these things. It looks as though it has a small amount of rusting on it... Anybody have any ideas?

Also a lot of trash: 21 bottle caps, 7 pull tabs, a bunch of bobbypins / nails, and a fishing lure.

I had a blast doing this. Nice workout too. Gonna head to Key Biscayne tomorrow and try my luck...

Merry Christmas! HO HO HO!!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The sunny & 81 degrees alone sounds like a good hunt. I've never seen a coin (other than a chocolate coin) peel like the one off to the right in your photo. But then again, I haven't been detecting the wet very long either.

Gold wont rust, silver tarnishes a dark grey color.

Both look gold plated.

Keep at it you'll get the gold.

PS. Be careful saying the beaches you are hunting, if you find 5 gold rings tomorrow people will know exactly where to go. :D

Get it close to a magnate see if she sticks. Could be stainless thats been in there awhile. Good hunt....

Dew

Glad you enjoyed your first time out. It gets pretty addicting the more you get out, especially when you find precious metals.

What kind of machine do you have to find a small piece of chain like that? I'm pretty sure that if it was real gold, you'd have never found it.

Raphis

Good luck tomorrow at Key Biscayne. I did the dry sand there today so there should still be some goodies in the wet waiting for you! ;)

Raphis: Tesoro Sand Shark in Normal mode. So far I'm very happy with the machine's performance.

Felix: Thanks man. I'll post an update tomorrow and let you know how I did. How was the dry sand today? Did you hit your target yet?

Back
Top Bottom