Tons of clad, a little silver, and a happy daughter!

Treasurekidd

Elite Member
I got out this morning for an hour and a half and hit a school I hadn't made it to yet. I scoped up a big pocketful of clad from under the woodchips, a silver bracelet charm, a junk pendant and 2 junk rings. I almost passed out when I saw the big ring, until I remembered that A: I was in a school playground, and B: I was digging a penny tone! I also found this weird metal round with a target looking thing on it (again, brief excitement as it's about the same size as an older silver dollar), and three kids tokens.

Clad totaled 11 quarters, 16 dimes, 7 nickels, and 26 pennies, including 1 canadian, which equaled up to $5.06. My best clad haul in a long time. And got a big hug from my 9 year old when I presented her with the 2 rings. All in all, not a bad morning hunt!

Thanks for looking, and HH!

That is quite a clad haul. Good going. My daughter isn't old enough yet to give rings to, but I'm sure as soon as she is, she can't wait for me to get back from detecting.

Thats a great clad count Kidd, congrats. Very cool that you gave your daughter the rings too, keep that up and she'll be wanting to go out with you.

Thanks guys! She does enjoy hunting with me, but not at 6:00AM, and only if I'm going to hunt a beach. She likes to collect the shells and seaglass. She tells me that since she spends all week in school, she doesn't want to get up at 6 on Saturday morning to go walk around another school, lol!

Nice haul Kidd. I'm trying to figure out what the metal round is for???? Only thing I can come up with, it looks like a blank off shim with O-Ring grooves.

Looks like you had a lot of fun today TK.. :) Was weather warm like down here? 60 degree's?

Craig, yeah it was beautiful out yesterday, high 50s early when I went out. Can't ask for better than that in January can you? Hoser, I had no idea what that round is, but o-ring grooves might make sense. Terry, I like that coin/time ratio concept. There wasn't even a lot of trash at this school. I have two more schools I haven't hit lined up for next weekend, hopes there's half as much at these! Thanks all!

Almost forgot. I wanted to post a better pic of the silver charm I found yesterday. It's a small beach pail and shovel charm, but it's tough to take a good picture of. This was my first silver in awhile, so I'm proud of it, lol!

Back
Top Bottom