Upgraded My Grillz in Time for Today’s 4th of July BBQ!!!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
After some drywall and handyman work earlier in the week at my daughter’s next apartment, I was looking forward to getting out for today’s 8am low tide at “Penny Beach” since I hadn’t been there in a while. I never expect any gold there but I do expect at least 100 coins in a hunt. I had planned on going 4 hours which is a bit longer than it normally takes me to cover what I hunt but this time I started in a further section that I never do. I was fresh and digging all the usual crappy sounds that one tends to do when they just start when I get a bottle cap sound. Lo and behold I lift the scoop and there’s a set of GOLD chompers staring at me! :dingding: I knew they were going to be real as they looked like they came from a mold. Since they had some tarnish to them I thought they would be 10K. As I continue hunting about halfway through the hunt I get to the section I usually start from when I get a nice high tone. There in the scoop is a nice balled up sliver bracelet. I was hoping for gold #2 at some point in my 3.5 hours but it just didn’t happen. The section I normally hunt seemed to lack the amount of targets it should’ve had so I know somebody else has been there hunting. I go home content in my gold and silver and debating whether my 100 coin goal was reached.

At home I clean some tarnish off the grillz and they pass the 10K acid test and hold easily at 14K! :good:Weigh them on the scale and they are 5.8 grams. I clean the bracelet a bit and find a “950” marking so that was neat. I count my coins and was happy to have gone over a 100 coins! I’m a bit sore but I’ll be fine for my next planned hunt on Friday! Happy 4th of July!!! :cooking::wine2:

Attachments

• 7-4-18.jpg
    7-4-18.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 566
  • 7-4-18 Grills and Bracelet.jpg
    7-4-18 Grills and Bracelet.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 567
  • 7-4-18 Homies.jpg
    7-4-18 Homies.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 608
  • 7-4-18 trash.jpg
    7-4-18 trash.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 549
Awesome!

Your grill mascot wins!!!

Nice upgrade, and 950 is a nice rare find as well...

Congrats!:dingding:

<°)))>{

Dam you are a Pirate! :shock:..:pirate2:

Like that 950 the best, very nice!

Gggaaaaagggggh

Aside from having a productive hunt, I sure hope you boiled those jewels in a mixture of battery acid and bleach before you put them in your mouth.

Happy 4th Homies...
:laughing: I see I'm missing the bottoms now!

Aside from having a productive hunt, I sure hope you boiled those jewels in a mixture of battery acid and bleach before you put them in your mouth.
I've had a few people mention something as to their disgust for my putting those in my mouth (wife and a few friends), and my response is "do you use the silverware that a restaurant provides you?" I gotta imagine that sitting in the ocean for months plus my cleaning them with Bar Keeper's Friend and some antibacterial soap have more than removed any traces of bacteria. :yes:

Nice haul Felix! Your killin it out there! So now that your all grilled up, when's your rap video coming out? :bling:

Sheesh! That really is a nice chunk of gold! And the silver bracelet too! I sold one just like it to our Forum brother Rat a few weeks back...come to think of it, he still owes me the money! :laughing: Beauty of a hunt again Felix!

Nice work on the grill! Just spit afterwards lol your right about the silverware at the restaurant. I got a nice grill right before christmas last year. About 8 grams 14k and the CTX barely heard it..it wasn't as symmetrical as yours and I think that may have something to do about the signal.

strick

:laughing: Great hunt Felix! Congrats and BBQs taste sooooo much better with those chompers! Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom