1st Barber FTY plus a Merc

TundraPlugger

Elite Member
After grilling tonight I was able to score a permission at an old house I came across in one of the small towns just outside of where I live on the way home from digging that key date wheat.

I managed to dig 3 wheats right away which gave me hope. I was happy enough with those until I dug a 1942 Merc with a scratched up obverse. The wheats I dug were 2 1944-D and a 1935-D which led me to believe the finds weren't going to be terribly old.

I came across one signal near the end of the hunt which I though was another wheat...... After struggling for a good 5 minutes to pinpoint the thing it turned out to be a 1903 Barber Dime! Surprised the heck out of me.

P.S. I didn't include the wheats in the picture since I'm sure everyone has seen their share of 30's and 40's wheats.
8fd28c9455ec7826c9b5e5e2a0f9dbc4.jpg
be1c895e4367707b2705e1d6dde36db8.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Nice silver! I always say this but those Barber dimes are so neat. Great Merc as well.
Thanks man! I'm a big barber fan so it was a great bonus! They are pretty much the oldest silver a guy will dig up here.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Good job on the silvers! Barbers are always fantastic - sounds like this one made you work for it! And Mercs are just a great design, always fun to dig those. Nice hunt, especially with a few wheats to round out the tally :cool:

Back
Top Bottom