Las Cruces NM

I've done a short hunt there and plan to go back. I've had better luck at other parks in the area. Just no real good luck yet. Will go out again tomorrow, Just had hoped to get out with locals.

I'm surprised how hard it is to get locals in the southwest to go hunt with. I've had better luck in other parts of the country. :confused:

I've been getting out and detecting. I'm finding wheat pennies, so I know I'm hunting older dirt. But, no SILVER grrr.
Obviously the places I've been hunting have been hit pretty hard. I still haven't seen anyone else detecting yet.

I'll keep trying new areas. Hit me up if you're local and happy hunting all!

Well, my time in NM is about done for now. We head for AZ this week. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to meet anyone from this forum. I did meet a couple locals out detecting and we got out a few times and I had the good fortune of hunting spots I wouldn't have found without them. Here are the keepers I found.

A 1949 Chauffeur's badge, a 1953 Rosie, 1911 Barber, two old 1/4 Reals and 3 WWI buttons. Had a great time and really appreciate Jimmy and Dan for letting me tag along with them.
picture.php
[/IMG]

That badge is pretty cool. A real is pretty much the only thing on my bucket list. Nice finds!

In Roswell, and it is hard here to find anyone that wants to MD together, I see them detecting and they just walk away if you head in their direction. Well, good luck on your hunts.

Im in Alamogordo NM. Just started MD not long ago. Plan to do a few searches around here, cruces, deming, and Magdalena/datil once it starts to warm up.

Hi, I'm from Roswell, Have detected any Parks or permission yards? I have the Bounty Hunter Platinum, still trying to get used to the sounds.

Back
Top Bottom