Another token!........and it's a rare one again!

TundraPlugger

Forum Supporter
I got done with a long day of work at 5 today and decided I would stop through that little old town I got to so often on the way home. When I drove into town I noticed a T-ball game was going on right where I was going to go detecting so I hit my back-up spot.....a 50' chunk of curb strip up the street.
I started out right along the sidewalk with little success. I moved out away from it a few feet and hit a fairly deep bottlecap type signal. For some reason, right away I was thinking it was a token.
I dug the plug out and looked at it for a second and noticed a couple little round bumps right along the edge of it. Right than I knew it was a token! Didn't even need the pinpointer.
That pretty much made the short 20 minute hunt and everything after that was just bonus.
I ended up digging a couple 4"-5" clad quarters which I thought for sure were going to be silver. And I dug a deep 1945-D wheat which I was also sure was a silver dime.
When I hit up that little town again I'm going to have to dig everything in that little area.

On the way home I looked on Tokencatalog.com to see if it was listed and it was no where to be found. I got home and checked my Token book and it isn't there either. Another one of a kind from that town!
af269156c2cd38430d4e44c0ab503a17.jpg
92268db9948bebcabe0b586de7363da8.jpg
556b99059682fab054e850ab5e3a3bdf.jpg
4e53e397eaa48ed4654e8e202cf4dcc1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

You're killing it up there! Nice token.

Thanks jw! Finding that token really made up for me smoking that silver lighter case with my Lesche on Wednesday! That's the 6th token I've dug in that town since I started detecting in 2014, the 4th this year alone! I like that town.......lots of good stuff there.

That's a beauty. One of the great things about tokens is that one can still discover an uncataloged gem (if you're lucky!)

That's a beauty. One of the great things about tokens is that one can still discover an uncataloged gem (if you're lucky!)

Thanks Steve! Well, I must be a bit lucky because that's the 3rd uncataloged token I've dug in that little town this year.

Awesome token man! I am curious, how big is it? I am thinking there must have been one company that sold blanks and then they were stamped on a more local level. That looks darn similar to some i find down here...

Back
Top Bottom