My best find ever

Tbrom

Last year I found a Morgan Silver Dollar that had been severely damaged. I am not complaining I just thought that may be the only dollar coin I may ever find. Last week on the 4th I found my first seated coin a dime. That had been very high on my list for the past 4 years. Well yesterday I was hunting an 1800s gristmill when I got a 12-43 on my CTX. I figured it was a dime. I dug the plug and noticed a silver reeded rim on edge in the bottom of the hole. I knew it was too large to be a dime but thought it was a quarter. To my total surprise I pulled what follows out of the hole. I am still shocked!

picture.php

picture.php

Wow. Congrats! Seriously, these crazy good finds need to spread themselves out! Everyone's finding Seated dollars, trade dollars, and buckets of silver! Wow...just wow.

UMMMMMM WOW!!!!! I've never seen a seated DOLLAR dug... AMAZING, INCREDIBLE, JUST UNREAL!!!! Insane find!!!! How many words can I say???:wow:

UMMMMMM WOW!!!!! I've never seen a seated DOLLAR dug... AMAZING, INCREDIBLE, JUST UNREAL!!!! Insane find!!!! How many words can I say???:wow:

Isaac said it all. I have never seen or even heard about a dug seated dollar. When you sent me the pics yesterday, I was astounded - still am. Funny, just a few days ago I was looking at the coin book and looked at these. I thought, well there's a coin I'll never find. And two days later you find one!!! So happy for you! Wish I could have been there. Congrats man! Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Enjoy it - once in a lifetime.

With that hole in it, you need a necklace now, :bling:
metal detecting pimpin style :laughing:
Congrats ! wish and hope to find something close to that someday!

Holy cow!!! That is a rare find there. Congrats on digging a once in a lifetime find. You should post a picture holding it in your had so we can get a perspective of just how big that old silver coin is. We are used to seeing seated dimes but never see seated dollars.

Damnit, I wanted to be the first........ :lol:

The place I am digging has produced my only 2 silver coins for I have ever found, both are seated quarters. I was hoping to pull out a seated dollar from there and be the first to post one here...... ;)

Truly awesome find!!!! Huge congrats! Obviously the hole takes away in value, but the detail is great for almost 150 years. It's a $250+ coin at it's lowest value.......

Holy cow!!! That is a rare find there. Congrats on digging a once in a lifetime find. You should post a picture holding it in your had so we can get a perspective of just how big that old silver coin is. We are used to seeing seated dimes but never see seated dollars.

Thanks everyone. I added the merc for reference.

picture.php

Congratulations, that thing is huge!!
Just imagine somebody drilling a hole in it, and putting it on a chain or something, thinking "I will never lose it now":lol::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom