Find of a lifetime!! US Silver trade dollar

jleffert

Just yesterday I found an old house in southern Indiana that doesn't seen to have had much digging action. I dug yesterday for about 2 hours and in that time I pulled a 1923 Merc.(which I had to give as payment for digging the yard:/ last time I show them the good stuff), I found a 1935 Buffalo, 1943 war nickel, 3 indians(oldest being 1887), a few wheats, and a couple neat buckles/ clasps. Maybe for suspenders?

So all today during work, the only thing I could think about was getting back out to that house. So first thing after work, I headed back to get diggin. Very first target was a 1944 war nickel. Great way to start the day I thought. I proceeded to not find another coin for another hour and a half. Got a quarter/half dollar signal down about 3 inches(Whites XLT). My detector acts a little funny so I was hoping at last for a silver dime. Dug down and found a piece of scrap copper, I was pretty pissed because this had been happening quite a bit. This is a lesson for all you that don't double check your holes!! I stuck the pinpointer back in the hole and had something in the side way. I popped it out(and unfortunately gave it a small scratch. I was breathless. Until this point, the largest silver I had ever found was a quarter. I knew right away it was a silver dollar. I was thinking holy sh*t I found a morgan dollar. Nope!! out popped an 1877 Trade Dollar in amazing shape...aside from the lovely scratch that I added. This is by far the best, most jaw dropping find I have ever had. I know I will never find another one. I can't wait to get back out there. I still have half of the yard left. Thanks for checking it out. I just noticed a couple of the previous finds on this page are trade Dollars, what are the chances.

Attachments

• image (5) (450x600).jpg
    image (5) (450x600).jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 1,716
  • image (6) (450x600).jpg
    image (6) (450x600).jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 1,659
  • image (3) (600x800).jpg
    image (3) (600x800).jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,717
  • image (4) (480x640).jpg
    image (4) (480x640).jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 1,703
Congrats on the awesome Trade Dollar. A very rare coin to find. Welcome to the Silver Dollar club.

WOW:shock::shock:
That thing is so huge and so rare, virtually all other coins pale by comparison.
Congratulations on the find of a lifetime:yes:

Absolutely amazing!!'!!!! Congrats. This should be in the Eyepopping Category!!

Awesome, Awesome find. Congrats on digging a rare Trade Dollar. Well.....maybe not as rare now that there are 3 of them at the top of the forum.

Absolutely AWESOME!!! Congrats! I would send this story in for find of the month to every product manufacturer you use.

Wow! Fantastic coin! Maybe I'll be the next one to find one since they keep popping up everywhere! ;)

What's with all of you finding these trade dollars? Lol?

How do I get in on this?

AWESOME!

Back
Top Bottom