So Much Difference !!!

pescadore

Elite Member
I got out for a short hunt with my DFX a couple days ago and realized that I had left my Killer B headphones at home. I wasn't too far from home but knew that I had two extra sets of phones in the back of my car so I thought I would just use one of those instead of going home. The first ones I pulled out were some Garrett Clearsound lightweight headphones. I almost did not recognize the tones on my DFX. They sounded muddy. I changed those out for a pair of cheaper Whites headphones (blue ones) and they were a little better but I could not get enough volume out of them even with my detector up as loud as it gets and the headphones likewise. I decided after a few minutes of hunting that I was just gonna go home and try the next day with my Killer B's. I think with other machines that I have used, the quality of the headphones really didn't effect the performance of the machine that much but with the DFX good phones can make a big difference !!! If I don't go wireless, I will be getting a back up pair of Killer B's just in case.
Pesc

I was using the stock Garrett with my ATP , worked fine , after seeing a post comparing the stock and the blues , I had to agree with the poster the blues won the air test. I would like to see controlled testing by manufactures on which works best with their MD. The poster stated that he did not like the GG but he did not test them side by side . With the differences in MD's , resaults may vary.
Why sell a MD's and not give you the best advantage in headphones .Everyones hearing may very , but they have standard audio test to rate by . We start dreaming about different head sets for our wish list with only opinions and not comparisons. One of my two sets one seems to be more sensitive and waterproof the other more comfortable and adjustable audio on both sides. I wish they would take a page from that candy add , when chocolate meets peanut butter and we have a Reese cup !!
HH

Yep the Killer B's I use on my At-pro compared to the stock headphones are definitely 100% better & the tones they put out on that machine are nothing short of amazing..

quality is part of the equation, but the main thing is what impedance the detector is looking for with regard to how many ohms the hf's are rated at...

I think lower end machines that beep or have bell like sounds HP's probably don't matter as much but higher end MD's where the tone is everything quality HP's are very important

Back
Top Bottom