Ever Find an Item Tied to Someone Famous?

mysteriousnesss

Elite Member
Has anyone on this forum ever found an item they could tie to someone famous? I don't mean Ben Franklin/George Washington famous, but someone noteworthy even? One of the coolest finds I ever pulled was a WW1 Victory medal for a Canadian soldier which was marked along the edge with his name, rank, and serial number. Anyone else ever find something like that? I just have always felt that finding something you can directly tie to a person and a time is what makes this hobby so amazing.

I found a cow ear tag in a park that had the owners name on it. Turns out he was the first doctor in the town and started the hospital in 1900 that my wife and all 4 of my kids were born at. He ran cows from 1900 to 1910. I was excited, I love historical events. ( he not too famous, but noteworthy)

I also found a bullet a famous outlaw shot, how do I know? My 5 year old son told me that he was sure if it!

One of the founders of the city I live in had a son who purchased the original hotel on our Main Street in 1912.... He was the second owner and I found a token from the hotel in a private yard!

Now that I finally have my camera back, here are some pictures...

Attachments

• photo_1.jpg
    photo_1.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 417
  • photo_2.jpg
    photo_2.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 436
  • photo_5.jpg
    photo_5.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 442
Thats pretty cool.. Ever try looking for any info on the guys military service?? There might be something

I don't know who won it, but they may be, or have been famous...

1927 Detroit Piano Playing Contest 10K gold ring...

IMG_5552_zps0c4b6165.jpg

<*)))>{

I looked into him and found that it belonged to a PVT Dennis Lewis of New Brunswick, Canada but that's about all I found. Strange because I found it on a slope in Boston. All I could find was his enlistment forms but I only have the free trial for ancestry.com so I can't look into international records.

I found a cow ear tag in a park that had the owners name on it. Turns out he was the first doctor in the town and started the hospital in 1900 that my wife and all 4 of my kids were born at. He ran cows from 1900 to 1910. I was excited, I love historical events. ( he not too famous, but noteworthy)

I also found a bullet a famous outlaw shot, how do I know? My 5 year old son told me that he was sure if it!

I think I may have found an item tied to a famous person but the rope was no longer there and the famous person was long gone.:grin:

Try this one...it implies that a "silver sword" was given to the prince and a crown to the princess of music. Sounds like those are your winners.

That bracelet is really cool and I'm glad you caught my meaning. I wouldn't expect anyone to find Tesla's pocket watch, but just finding something you know belonged to a SPECIFIC individual is a great experience.

My Grandfather built his house in 1949. I was detecting in the backyard of the house under where the clothesline was, and I pulled up a 1950 quarter, and 1951 and 1953 Rosies. I could just picture my young Grandmother hanging my young Grandfather's work pants and the coins falling out. He wasn't famous to anyone but me, but those coins still make me smile everytime I look at them.

I found this on land owned by a famous, wealthy family around here. I assume it belonged to the owner as it's a rather nice gold gilted button with some sort of emblem, probably from a secret society. The back mark dates around 1800-1818 I believe. The symbol was used by knights during the crusades. I believe it may be some sort of Knight's Templar organization, or something along those lines.

Attachments

• IMG00357-20110106-0405.jpg
    IMG00357-20110106-0405.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 390
My Grandfather built his house in 1949. I was detecting in the backyard of the house under where the clothesline was, and I pulled up a 1950 quarter, and 1951 and 1953 Rosies. I could just picture my young Grandmother hanging my young Grandfather's work pants and the coins falling out. He wasn't famous to anyone but me, but those coins still make me smile everytime I look at them.

My first 2 silver coins came from my Grandparents yard next to the garage. My dad told me that is where they played cards. they are my favorite all time finds. 1 Rosie and 1 Washington and 1 wheat from there. I had found a few wheat cents before.

Back
Top Bottom