V3i ? Users( Extra coil options)

Surf Master

Forum Supporter
Just have a ? for all you V3i user's, besides the stock 10 dd coil that comes with the machine, if you were going to get any extra coils limited to 1 or 2 , which extra ( coils ) would you get ,and why, Thanks Earl

10x12 SEF (white colored v-rated) and the 6x10 DD from Whites is all you need. :D

The 10x12 SEF is an amazing coil on the V3i.

A lot of guys say to use the 950 eclipse for beach hunting, but I've found that the 10x12 SEF is perfect for the beach... not too big, not too small. Running it hot in mixed mode gives great depth.

If you are going to order the SEF coil, do it early, it took about a month to get mine from Kellyco... they had to order it from Bulgaria...

When did you get a V3i?

I must disagree about the 6x10. The 8x6SEF, even though you won't find a literal V-rating stamped on it,,,totally altered my V3i-life. It will be "almost never" when I put the 6x10 on my V3i again.

You MUST get the 4x6 Shooter coil though. I have the 10x12SEF now but weather hasn't let me out to test it much this week. martin

Martin

I here ya the 6x8 sef is a killer coil on the Etrac also, and the 10x12 that I just got for the F75se, I do like it, so far I haven't seen any bad reviews on the SEF coils, good news, I hope the new sef coil's coming out are not a disappointment ,since it's only good news on SEF coils, thanks for your input , Earl

I will most likely get the white colored 10x12 SEF as my next coil unless I opt to go for the white colored 15x12 SEF since I hunt a lot of open and fairly trash free sites. I've also considered the White's 12in. Next will probably be something smaller but I haven't decided on that coil yet.

I here ya the 6x8 sef is a killer coil on the Etrac also, and the 10x12 that I just got for the F75se, I do like it, so far I haven't seen any bad reviews on the SEF coils, good news, I hope the new sef coil's coming out are not a disappointment ,since it's only good news on SEF coils, thanks for your input , Earl

I ran the 6x10 for an entire year after getting the V3i being the newbie I was in detecting. I just didn't know any better cuz the general feedback on the 6x10 was, it's a must have coil. The 8x6 Sef danced all over my 6x10. My hunt buddies can attest to that. More silvers found in 3 months than in all my hunting career!

So, unless my Eclipse has always been defective since 2010, that coil simply doesn't perform like it should. A "hot" running 4x6 Shooter coil meets the depth compared to the 6x10. You gotta have that coil if you are a coinshooter in city parks, or hunt in vacant city lots. martin

CoiltoSoil

How is the V3i treating you bro ?, I am still tossing around a purchase, I will have a little tax money left, most going to my girl's ring :shock:, I am sure the 12x15 might be a tad deeper seeing prior posts , but on land you might loose some sensitivity to smaller objects, from what I saw, some said they like the 10x12 better for that reason, on the beach, it might be a toss up.

I will most likely get the white colored 10x12 SEF as my next coil unless I opt to go for the white colored 15x12 SEF since I hunt a lot of open and fairly trash free sites. I've also considered the White's 12in. Next will probably be something smaller but I haven't decided on that coil yet.

I will most likely get the white colored 10x12 SEF as my next coil unless I opt to go for the white colored 15x12 SEF since I hunt a lot of open and fairly trash free sites

Be aware that the 10x12 with coil cover is nose heavy compared to the D2. I can only imagine the weight for the 15x12.

Martin

I here ya, not being a V3i owner I can't contest your findings, but on the Etrac the 6 inch accelerator coil Vs the 8x6 sef, is NO contest for coin shooting,in trashy areas, the 6x8 still wins over the 6, the little 6 1/2 x 3 1/2 coil that I have for the F75se I haven't used in year's because the 5dd blow's smoke over it , in trashy areas and depth.

How is the V3i treating you bro ?, I am still tossing around a purchase, I will have a little tax money left, most going to my girl's ring :shock:, I am sure the 12x15 might be a tad deeper seeing prior posts , but on land you might loose some sensitivity to smaller objects, from what I saw, some said they like the 10x12 better for that reason, on the beach, it might be a toss up.

Haha, I just spent a fortune on Valentines day stuff for my GF, no engagement ring yet but I hear ya, those things are a fortune, you should do some beach hunting for a free one. :D I've had a few chances to play around with it in my yard and have been tweaking some programs, and reading up on it. To tell you the truth it's one of my favorite detectors I've owned (most likely will be my favorite once I get more time on it). It's fun to play with, goes super deep, and the HD display is unbelievable. I owned an XLT and did very well with it years ago at my cellar hole sites, it was one of the best detectors I've ever used, and from what i've seen so far the V3i is even better and MUCH deeper than that. The fun thing is you can tweak it to run any way you want, to sound any way you want, to look anyway you want. You can't not like it because anything you don't like you can change to suit your needs lol. On top of the excellent depth and fun factor you get White' customer service and warranty which is gold. I'd definitely look into one, or try it out if you can. I paid much less than retail for a factory certified unit with brand new Pro Star headphones, the detector came brand new in the box with everything sealed. Depending on your money factor I'd look into a certified unit.

I will most likely get the white colored 10x12 SEF as my next coil unless I opt to go for the white colored 15x12 SEF since I hunt a lot of open and fairly trash free sites

Be aware that the 10x12 with coil cover is nose heavy compared to the D2. I can only imagine the weight for the 15x12.

I wonder if a coil bracket would help, I used one on my Sov when I ran the 12in Sunray coil, now that thing was HEAVY.

I here ya, not being a V3i owner I can't contest your findings, but on the Etrac the 6 inch accelerator coil Vs the 8x6 sef, is NO contest for coin shooting,in trashy areas, the 6x8 still wins over the 6, the little 6 1/2 x 3 1/2 coil that I have for the F75se I haven't used in year's because the 5dd blow's smoke over it , in trashy areas and depth.

I never used the 5in DD on the F75 but I've had a lot of luck with the 6in Elliptical, is the 5in really that much better? I'm thinking about grabbing a bigger SEF for my F75 as well once I get some extra $$$. For most of my sites bigger is better since the signals are few and I have a lot of area to cover. The 6in Elliptical did well on some of my trashy sites I've hunted to death, I managed to pull a few silver coins from it that every other detector I've had missed. I might have to check out the 5in dd now though. I have the 6in only because it was free with my purchase haha.

Coiltosoil

:jawdrop::nono: No engagement here bro :shock:, this is just to shut her up about the ring thang that's been going on for 2 year's now, if you break it down 5 1/2 year's 4500 is not to hard to swallow , unless she dumps me after getting the ring :roll::mad: Ps that little 5 inch is a killer for me on sidewalk strips, and surprisingly deep, you usually get the 5dd and 11dd in the package when you buy a F75 or Se - you would love it, in certain place's, but if you hunt mostly fields ,here not many open places to hunt, than I wouldn't spend the money in your case, but on sidewalk strip's ,highly recommended on the f75 or se, here is a 14k ring, that hit hard I found using the 5dd a couple of years ago, with the standard F75

Attachments

• 20120127_1.JPG
    20120127_1.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,283
Earl, ran my 8x6" on my DFX yesterday. It was hitting deeper than my 15x12:shock:. 6x10 is a good beach coil. 8x6" is a killer. Got to test some coils and see if they work on the V3i.Excellerators in the pic work. As does the 8x6 black one. First 4x6" v rated shooter went bad. New one goes deep. As you know it depends on where you live. Tried a central Fl. beach hunters settings here and they didn't work for me. Fixing to try the 8x6 on my V3i and DFX vs. the 11" CTX tomorrow at one of my silver spots.

Attachments

• SAM_1017.jpg
    SAM_1017.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 1,480
:jawdrop::nono: No engagement here bro :shock:, this is just to shut her up about the ring thang that's been going on for 2 year's now, if you break it down 5 1/2 year's 4500 is not to hard to swallow , unless she dumps me after getting the ring :roll::mad:

haha I just bought my GF a ring for V-day. Not an engagement ring either just one of those promise rings, but it was A LOT less than $4500. Over all I'm out about $1200 for v-day. Not too bad but that would buy me a lot of coils. :D

Earl, ran my 8x6" on my DFX yesterday. It was hitting deeper than my 15x12:shock:. 6x10 is a good beach coil. 8x6" is a killer. Got to test some coils and see if they work on the V3i.Excellerators in the pic work. As does the 8x6 black one. First 4x6" v rated shooter went bad. New one goes deep. As you know it depends on where you live. Tried a central Fl. beach hunters settings here and they didn't work for me. Fixing to try the 8x6 on my V3i and DFX vs. the 11" CTX tomorrow at one of my silver spots.

WOW, nice selection of coil. Which would you use for open fields and woods with little trash? I need something that will cover more ground. Depth isn't a huge issue but I'd like it to be at least as deep as the stock 10in.

Itsaring/ Coiltosoil

Your coil collection is starting to look like mine, I am 16 coils in :laughing:, Coiltosoil Vd :lol: I was smart, I put the ring on Lay away 6 months, also have a agreement if something happens between now and than, the money will go to a big diamond stud for my left ear ;) ,6 month No interest, buying more time :yes: , we only broke up in those 5 1/2 years about a dozon time's, can u blame me ? Also I told her it was Birthday Vd and Christmas for this year :yes::lol: The 8x6 is a amazing coil, that is certain.

Your coil collection is starting to look like mine, I am 16 coils in :laughing:, Coiltosoil Vd :lol: I was smart, I put the ring on Lay away 6 months, also have a agreement if something happens between now and than, the money will go to a big diamond stud for my left ear ;) ,6 month No interest, buying more time :yes: , we only broke up in those 5 1/2 years about a dozon time's, can u blame me ? Also I told her it was Birthday Vd and Christmas for this year :yes::lol: The 8x6 is a amazing coil, that is certain.

haha im hoping me and my gf make it until v-day, we break up 12 times a week. :lol:

WOW, nice selection of coil. Which would you use for open fields and woods with little trash? I need something that will cover more ground. Depth isn't a huge issue but I'd like it to be at least as deep as the stock 10in.

Out of all of them. The first one I'd get is the 8x6" SEF. Then to a 12x10. Messed my 12x10 up trying to do a beach mod. The 12x10 paid for my DFX before I even knew what I was doing:lol: 8x6 SEF pics up small gold/foil if you want it to. Works good in wide open clean ground or high trash. And to me covers as much ground as the D2. IMO! 15x12 is too big. I use it for shallow clad quarters. It can miss a lot of stuff below the ground.

Back
Top Bottom