Well 4 outa 4 worked sorta.

Dirty Genu

Forum Supporter
Been waiting since April 2nd for these. 3 worked okay, but the 4th has about half the sensitivity of the others. 1/2 inch on a gold ring vs 1 inch with the other 3. I even tried a new Duracell battery, but it didn't help.

I think I will have a Garrett PP soon.

Attachments

• 7-10- 13 cen-tecH 005 SML.jpg
    7-10- 13 cen-tecH 005 SML.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 235
Well DG, I'm with ya! I've had one for about 1.5yrs, after new switch(Put in when bought) and a new buzzer installed later. It died... Had pretty good luck with it so what the heck, try another one. Got two, got them home put in the batt. and push button. It just stayed on! Both of them, tired new batt, switch even turned the little screw on the inside????? I think they got a bad batch. QC#246 had an off day:laughing: (Still working at it, think there wired wrong) Good luck buddy!

Well DG, I'm with ya! I've had one for about 1.5yrs, after new switch(Put in when bought) and a new buzzer installed later. It died... Had pretty good luck with it so what the heck, try another one. Got two, got them home put in the batt. and push button. It just stayed on! Both of them, tired new batt, switch even turned the little screw on the inside????? I think they got a bad batch. QC#246 had an off day:laughing: (Still working at it, think there wired wrong) Good luck buddy!
Sorry GOT INTO TOP SHOT, forgot I where I was! don't know how delete!:D

The one i have the sensitivity isn't working right,don't know if it's the heat affecting it or what but when they do work they aren't all that bad.

Took the two back, they had one left! Ask the clerk, if I could test it! It worked like it suppose too. Cool got a good one. Got it home put a real switch on it. I'll test in the store before I get anymore.(30 mile road trip)

Took the two back, they had one left! Ask the clerk, if I could test it! It worked like it suppose too. Cool got a good one. Got it home put a real switch on it. I'll test in the store before I get anymore.(30 mile road trip)

After my first Centech wouldn't work (it stayed on like others reported), I tested the second one in the store. It worked for 5 days of moderate use, and then it became increasingly erratic. Swapping batteries did not help, so back it went. They had no more left on the shelf at that point.

So, I took the plunge and bought the pro pointer. Glad I did. I love how the tone/vibration increases as you get closer to the item. I can now leave my headphones on, and go right to the target in the hole.

It was just yesterday when...

My buddy just got a new AT Pro and a Garrett pointer and we were hunting together..

I dug a hole and had a little trouble finding my target with my HF... I asked to use his Garrett pointer, could not find the target...

Checked it all again with my ATP and duh, it was in the plug still... So I took the garrett and poked the plug a little, nothing, tried my HF and it located the target.. Tried the garrett again, nothing, held it near my digger and it worked, but it could not see the target that my centech could... My buddy and I were both like WTH!? So I turned the garrett off and on again and that time it worked just fine.. That is the second time I have used a garrett pointer and now I know I don't like them. They take too long to turn on, and don't always act the same when they do. I would like a little more range every once in a while though...

Not saying the centech in better at all, but I like mine better as a personal preference...

<*)))>{

Back
Top Bottom