"Bicycle Chain" Appraisal...$30,000

Beyond Nice

:shock::wow:,you did real well Clive,i would like to find something like that,then i would have a nice down payment on a beach house :shock::yes:,happy hunting,glad to see you took a break from the book's,Earl

Obviously whomever wore that had a TON of disposable income and I doubt they would want the embarrassment of saying that they lost it. I'd wager they just went out and purchased another one.

I'm sure his insurance has paid off. The previous owner probably wouldn't want it returned now, though his insurance company would.

wow

amazing find thats a real "come up" right there im still laughing at all the rapper or baller weeping comments those were hilarious but it sure is gawdy and ugly did you find the bently keys beside it or the platimum glock pendent i know who lost it mc buttafingaz from losealot records:roll:

I'm sure his insurance has paid off. The previous owner probably wouldn't want it returned now, though his insurance company would.

Thats what I was thinking. The person who owned it has probably already been able to get his claim in, but what I would be worried about is an insurance company having someone searching the internet, ebay, craigslist ect for someone selling this item on the off chance they could recover it.

Still an incredible find Clive, would expect nothing less from you. Your finds always manage to inspire me and make me drool at the same time. Strange combination when you think about it!!

Thanks for sharing!!

PS Also wanted to point out that someone said that it was annotated as a weight in "gr" which indeed would be grains an old unit of measure which we hardly use anymore, except for some medicinal reasons. If you look closely though it doesn't read "gr" it reads "gm" which reflects grams, which looks to be right on the money for weight.

Ahh, I see where the confusion came from. In your original description you typed:
"Total Weight of Chain: 158 gr. "
but if you look at the picture of the certificate it reads:
Total Weight of Chain: 158 gm.

No big deal. Still an incredible find no matter how you weigh it!!

Last edited:
he is right, this is still a ticking time bomb. ditch the picture, remove the thread and we all know nothing! besides everyone has seen it in the hobby by now anyway and if the owner did not have that thing properly registered then he is as Crazy as I am

jack-1.jpg

Thats a bicycle chain? Where is the rest of that bike?

That is absolutely awesome! Congrats! I'm brand new to the hobby and could only dream of such a thing.

Back
Top Bottom