• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Troy x5's

scott.f

Elite Member
I'm looking at getting another detector to compliment my Sov. (it hates Canadian clad), and was considering an x5. I always liked how well made they were and they seem to have proven themselves as a fairly deep seeking machine.

What I'm wondering is whether anyone here has used one on a mineralized saltwater beach, and how it handled it.

I know they aren't made anymore but I hear Troy is setting up his own manufacturing operation and coming out with a new model. I'll have to settle for a used x5 as I'm sure the new one will be a while coming out and be out of my price range.

You could always get e Tesoro Tejon. Just as good as an X5 and even at retail it will probably be lower in price. There has been no news about the new Troy's. They should have been out by now but I suppose it takes a lot ot get a manufacturing shop going as well as research and developement. As soon as I know anything I'll pass it along.

Thanks Tony, Appreciate the help. I've always liked and owned Tesoros but I'm not real keen on the quality of that disc switch trigger on the Tejon, plus its reputation for being unstable. I know, lifetime warranty and they back it up above and beyond! But I'd hate to be without a detector while it was being repaired. Still, I may go that route if I can't find a deal on a Troy

Ive been looking at both machines and both seem pretty much on par with each other. A used x5 is running around $550 which is pretty much what a new tejon cost.

If Uncle Sam is nice to me i should have one of the other come spring. HEH a good relic machine is amust living in VA, especially with all C/W goodies wanting to be found. Id love to dig one of them C/W buckles. :D

Back
Top Bottom