Dum Dum?

Vethraxx

Elite Member
I found this bullet but it looks like nothing I've seen before. I looked up tracer ammo because of the hole in the end. I did not see a match so I looked up Dum Dum bullets and found a near match. The slug is 40mm long and 10mm wide. The large orifice is 5mm wide.

I did find one image that is nearly a dead ringer. It came up as 'German Forbidden Bullets'

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 322
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 332
  • b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 317
  • b4.jpg
    b4.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 293
  • b5.jpg
    b5.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 350
Don't believe that's a projectile, it looks more like an orifice/restrictor. If you can clean the smaller end, you may see a stamped number designating the diameter of the drilled hole.

iu

There are no markings around the small hole.

Also the ribbed band around the middle is consistent with nearly all photos of rifle reloads.

There are no markings around the small hole.

Also the ribbed band around the middle is consistent with nearly all photos of rifle reloads.

OK, let me ask you this. How can a primer ignite the powder, and the force push a projectile down the barrel of a weapon....... when there's a hole through it?

I don’t believe that’s a bullet either. If that was a cannelure band around the middle it wouldn’t be raised up like that, but embedded or pressed in. That ribbed ring almost looks like a grip for twisting. I dunno.

Is it lead or brass?

Back
Top Bottom