And........ another token

TundraPlugger

Elite Member
I cut off work a little earlier today because for one it was getting hot and because there was treasure to be found.
I drove over to Makoti, ND which is about 15 miles west of where I'm fencing. I went back to the yard where I found the Case Tractor fob. Didn't have much luck since I think I found all the goods yesterday. I did however pluck a 1941 D wheatie.
The guy next door who I knew gave me permission to hunt his yard as well. He just recently tore a bunch of bushes out of the berm next to the sidewalk as well as tearing out the sidewalk itself.
He said he hauled in a good amount of black dirt from a field to fix where the bushes and sidewalk came out. At that point I figured that area wouldn't produce much.

Turned out the opposite. His yard was terrible....just clad. The first signal I hit in the berm next to where the sidewalk was was an old token! Next 3 targets were older wheats! I hunted the berm pretty hard but didn't get anything else. I'm good with what I got though!

Looks like someone got a little artsy with the 28-D wheatie.
127b188b4c94501c92c378811f133a43.jpg
afa15fcfc98dbd0515064389a15e74bd.jpg
2f47638833f92dc76d5c736cf64d114d.jpg
5562c7337b55d39bacc67eb9affd736e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Nice advertising token you have there, Tundra! Gotta think that with all the farming in No Dak that you will find more!

Nice advertising token you have there, Tundra! Gotta think that with all the farming in No Dak that you will find more!
Thanks LtS! Surprisingly that is my only farming related token after 5 years of detecting. I did however dig an old Case tractor fob yesterday in the neighboring yard.

Kind of a scrawny looking chicken for such a promotion.:?: Love them old tokens! Especially ones with images like a chicken or whatnot! Also love the older Wheaties. Your dirt preserves them pretty well, until a tractor shreds 'em.

Kind of a scrawny looking chicken for such a promotion.:?: Love them old tokens! Especially ones with images like a chicken or whatnot! Also love the older Wheaties. Your dirt preserves them pretty well, until a tractor shreds 'em.
Thanks Foragist! I'm really lucky with the dirt I have up here. Silvers always come out nice as well as Indianheads and earlier wheats. The later wheats tend to be a little crusty for some reason..... I think they have a little different composition. Sometimes I dig the old aluminum tokens and they usually have white crusty spots on them. The old brass ones usually clean up really nice though.

Sweet chicken token! Man you find some goodies over there!
Thanks sweeper! I thought it was a Roadrunner when I first dug it since it was so skinny. It helps that I go detecting before or after work almost every day.......don't mention that to the wife though [emoji850]

token

I dug up my first token yesterday but its condition is quite bad and I'm not sure what it is. It says "no cash value" on one side and what I think is "the game fair" on the other. My pics are made with an old flip phone and are not the best. The token feels like it is made of aluminum and has part of the center eaten out.

Attachments

• token 1.jpg
    token 1.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 67
  • token 2.jpg
    token 2.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 65
I dug up my first token yesterday but its condition is quite bad and I'm not sure what it is. It says "no cash value" on one side and what I think is "the game fair" on the other. My pics are made with an old flip phone and are not the best. The token feels like it is made of aluminum and has part of the center eaten out.
That's a pretty good find. I've got one of those two but I'm pretty sure mine is brass or copper.

Awesome token! I love the scrawny chicken - looks like he could use a few more Aultman-Taylor straw stacks! Wheats are always fun in my book too, especially the 100+ year old variety...good hunting!

Awesome token! I love the scrawny chicken - looks like he could use a few more Aultman-Taylor straw stacks! Wheats are always fun in my book too, especially the 100+ year old variety...good hunting!
Thanks Airmet! That chicken kind of looks like the upright version of one of those rubber gag chickens. I'm guessing this kind of chicken is where McNuggets come from.

Back
Top Bottom