Finds from the burned down hotel!

Jare

Let me start with the backstory: in 1909 a hotel was built by the dock in my area. A three story colonnade, pavilion, baseball diamonds, trolleys, and more were added, and it became a huge tourist attraction. It burned down in 1955 and the area has not been used since. I have been hunting this area over a six month period, and these are my best finds. Many of the coins were heavily corroded because the area in which i found them was once underwater.
In order from left to right on the first image: Merry Widows condom tin, 1940s gambling token, a room key tag from the hotel, a WW1 bag rivet, a v nickel (190-), a walking liberty half dollar (age unidentifiable), a Victorian seeming gas lamp valve (possibly 1800’s), an early 1900’s shoe buckle, a military pin which reads “Primus Aut Nullus”, a penny from 1913, and a penny from 1910.
I was honored to hunt this local treasure.

Attachments

• 262B2595-363E-4E9F-90BD-CCA226C80840.jpg
    262B2595-363E-4E9F-90BD-CCA226C80840.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:
Let me start with the backstory: in 1909 a hotel was built by the dock in my area. A three story colonnade, pavilion, baseball diamonds, trolleys, and more were added, and it became a huge tourist attraction. It burned down in 1955 and the area has not been used since. I have been hunting this area over a six month period, and these are my best finds. Many of the coins were heavily corroded because the area in which i found them was once underwater.
In order from left to right on the first image: Merry Widows condom tin, 1940s gambling token, a room key tag from the hotel, a WW1 bag rivet, a v nickel (190-), a walking liberty half dollar (age unidentifiable), a Victorian seeming gas lamp valve (possibly 1800’s), an early 1900’s shoe buckle, a military pin which reads “Primus Aut Nullus”, a penny from 1913, and a penny from 1910.
I was honored to hunt this local treasure.

Excellent finds !! love the valve and the pin

here is some info on your pin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_Field_Artillery_Regiment_(United_States)

Last edited:
I love finding those decorative gas valves. But that is fancier than any I have found nice job!

Excellent work! I have to say though, the Merry Widows canister is hilarious. I googled it because I had never heard of that brand or that type of packaging. Heck, I wasn't even sure when those things were invented.

Back
Top Bottom