• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Headphones that are speakers too

Fivepin

Elite Member
I thought I would share these here as they are pretty good headphones. (Archeer AH45). They are noise canceling and with a blue tooth dongle work on both my detectors. The cool or some would say gimmicky thing about these are that they have speakers on them. In relation to metal detecting though wearing the set around your neck when its hot out with the speakers turned on would allow a much better audio signal to your ears while not sweating to death...I own these and will be trying just this tactic when it gets hotter out this summer... just a thought on how to maybe use a product for something it was not designed for...but may just be a really good idea....Let me know what you guys think. To see the product you can check out my review below....or not..LOL

https://youtu.be/_Kc1-uYc-zM

I thought I would share these here as they are pretty good headphones. (Archeer AH45). They are noise canceling and with a blue tooth dongle work on both my detectors. The cool or some would say gimmicky thing about these are that they have speakers on them. In relation to metal detecting though wearing the set around your neck when its hot out with the speakers turned on would allow a much better audio signal to your ears while not sweating to death...I own these and will be trying just this tactic when it gets hotter out this summer... just a thought on how to maybe use a product for something it was not designed for...but may just be a really good idea....Let me know what you guys think. To see the product you can check out my review below....or not..LOL

https://youtu.be/_Kc1-uYc-zM

I watched the vid. Seemed to be a good review. Keep in mind you need low latency Bluetooth to avoid the lag time. That would be my concern. He said he is going to try them on hos MD next video so that will be interesting.

20 % off

Hey guys My contact at Archeer just sent this code for anybody who is interested. 20% OFF code MPMGEPFK...I am sure its for Amazon..
Gary

Last edited:
Lag time

Yes hang in there guys I am going to do some testing with the detectors. They do connect to both But I did not swing over any targets. I have been watching TV with them all week and didn't notice any sinking issues. So I don't think it will be a problem for the detectors. Currently I am using a $10 blue tooth headset with a tao tronics transceiver without issue...but stay tuned I will confirm for sure this week!!!

Yes hang in there guys I am going to do some testing with the detectors. They do connect to both But I did not swing over any targets. I have been watching TV with them all week and didn't notice any sinking issues. So I don't think it will be a problem for the detectors. Currently I am using a $10 blue tooth headset with a tao tronics transceiver without issue...but stay tuned I will confirm for sure this week!!!

Good deal. Just keep in mind that detectorists are finicky and if there is ANY noticeable lag, that can make it difficult to locate and pin point. Most wireless headphones for metal detectors are low latency. AptX is a faster Bluetooth that is often used.

Hey guys as promised I tested the headset. Results in video below

https://youtu.be/veC-fNOLyAM

Thanks for the video. While watching the video, it seemed like there was a small lag between the detector and the headphones. The signal for the detector sounded off after you were already past the coin. It's a pretty small lag, but it's noticeable... Unless it's just a sound syncing issue in the video itself and I'm mistaken? With low latency headphones you should be right on top of the coin when you hear the signal and not past it.

I'm not too concerned about the lag given how easy it is to switch back to speaker. I'll probably just keep my normal headset for noisy sites.

BCD

Thanks for the video. While watching the video, it seemed like there was a small lag between the detector and the headphones. The signal for the detector sounded off after you were already past the coin. It's a pretty small lag, but it's noticeable... Unless it's just a sound syncing issue in the video itself and I'm mistaken? With low latency headphones you should be right on top of the coin when you hear the signal and not past it.

you have to remember we are recording this a few feet away on another device so the signal is sent, the speakers sound and then sound travels 5 feet more to the camera where it gets recorded in a 3rd location...when listening in person...there is no lag I could hear...no lag when watching tv...that is the one that you will notice. So I will say no lag at all.

Back
Top Bottom