Minelab ProSwing 45

Rico Palamalu

Recieved my ProSwing tonight and thought I'd share my thoughts on it if anyone is looking at buying a sling. Initial impressions as I opened and assembled :D were this is a well thought out, designed, and produced product. But I found that taller and "fuller figured" people were not in mind at the concept board. I'm 6'6" and go around 275. first thing I did was let all of the adjustment straps out. Bottom belt barely buckled. Will have to make an extension for it if I want to wear it for long periods, Or do sit ups :laughing: The bungee cord is WAY too short for a longer torso-ed person. Ended up having to attach to my at pro (yeah, mine lab product on a garrett) on the "S" bend of the shaft just below the head unit. So it is a little awkward but, the product still works the way it should. The AT Pro with the Nel Attack coil can now be swung side to side with just two fingers! Other than the fact that it is, like most items, not designed with BIG AND TALL in mind, I love this ProSwing. Also can be set up for lefties as well. Im not trying to advertise for anyone or anything, just giving an opinion on my own purchase. Thanks for reading and happy hunting out there!

Main thing it needs is two support rods supplied coming from the back instead of one. You can't switch hands detecting if you are a person like me who can do most anything other than write with both hands. But the pro swing won't let you.
Agree on it needs more adjustment. I'm 5'11" tall upper torso and 240 lbs. Proswing makes you feel like you bend over and show some plumbers crack. One more cheeseburger and I may have to tell people to stand back while I clip the bottom buckle:lol: Still like the way it works though. You can swing a CTX with a 17" coil with 3 fingers;)

I have the same opinions. I'm 5'10" 235 and it doesn't fit too well. Every time I bend over to retrieve a target the rods become disconnected. Probably just needs some more adjustments. . . I only used it once and got frustrated with it. The other thing I didn't really like is that my coil on the end of the swing comes up too high off the ground. The resistance is perfect in the middle of the swing but at the 9:00 and 3:00 positions it raises off the ground a few inches. So, I had to shorten my swings....I dunno, wasn't really crazy about it but I guess I will give it another shot. I was using it on the Etrac with the 15" WOT coil. I want to get the 17" for the 3030 but not until I master the pro-swing.

Back
Top Bottom