Swingy Thingy

I've had both models of the swingy-thingy, as well as the pro-swing and half dozen hand-crafted variants. IMO, the pro-swing is the most effective at absorbing the weight load and transferring it near equally throughout the harness, i.e., you don't feel the load in one particular spot. Additionally, the location of this bungee mounting point enables you to effectively swing the detector left to right without lifting the detector off the ground at the end of each swing.

My problem with the swingy-thingy is it tends to dig into your shoulder AND it promotes lifting the detector at the end of each swing. Really, what i think people should ask themselves is what is the difference between this device and simply attaching a bungee cord from the back of your pants, over the shoulder and to the detector? Honestly, not much....and if you visit a tractor supply store, you can buy the flat bungee's instead of the round style. Heck, that is what I do for my kids and when I let guests borrow a detector. It works, is cheap, but will make you want to save for the pro-swing. :D

I've had both models of the swingy-thingy, as well as the pro-swing and half dozen hand-crafted variants. IMO, the pro-swing is the most effective at absorbing the weight load and transferring it near equally throughout the harness, i.e., you don't feel the load in one particular spot. Additionally, the location of this bungee mounting point enables you to effectively swing the detector left to right without lifting the detector off the ground at the end of each swing.

My problem with the swingy-thingy is it tends to dig into your shoulder AND it promotes lifting the detector at the end of each swing. Really, what i think people should ask themselves is what is the difference between this device and simply attaching a bungee cord from the back of your pants, over the shoulder and to the detector? Honestly, not much....and if you visit a tractor supply store, you can buy the flat bungee's instead of the round style. Heck, that is what I do for my kids and when I let guests borrow a detector. It works, is cheap, but will make you want to save for the pro-swing. :D
Thanks for the input!
Aside from the lifting of the coil is the utra beter any better than the standard ST? It looks like it could be hotter in the heat and humidity but also less binding and a little more balanced. Considering the small price difference which one did you prefer of the 2?

Thanks for the input!
Aside from the lifting of the coil is the utra beter any better than the standard ST? It looks like it could be hotter in the heat and humidity but also less binding and a little more balanced. Considering the small price difference which one did you prefer of the 2?

Newer model was an improvement over the original...seemed to keep the detector mount from swinging as much. Either way you are reducing the fatigue associated with repetitive motion strain/injury. :grin:

Back
Top Bottom