Have you ever unbanned metal detecting in a park that has banned it long ago?

hellomikie92

Okay you were doing some research about a park you'd like to detect, you then go on the city site, and you look under parks and recreation rules and you see metal detecting has been banned in the area you would like to go too. Then you go talk to the director or whoever is in charge and you tell him about the hobby, and show things that you found, and show him how most of us digs. He then thinks that is cool ,and he tells you I will talk with the city, and the police. A few weeks later you returned and the no metal detecting sign has been removed and the no metal detecting rule has been removed.

A little story from my mind that is true.

Good for you!

Okay you were doing some research about a park you'd like to detect, you then go on the city site, and you look under parks and recreation rules and you see metal detecting has been banned in the area you would like to go too. Then you go talk to the director or whoever is in charge and you tell him about the hobby, and show things that you found, and show him how most of us digs. He then thinks that is cool ,and he tells you I will talk with the city, and the police. A few weeks later you returned and the no metal detecting sign has been removed and the no metal detecting rule has been removed.

A little story from my mind that is true.

Tramore or Wildhorse?

I just show em my badge, bring the crime scene tape, and tell em its official business.:laughing:
:police:

It is legal to detect any park in Ga no where is it illegal. I do not know where you dig up your false facts.

It is legal to detect any park in Ga no where is it illegal. I do not know where you dig up your false facts.

I think it is illegal in all the GA state parks. Then again here you are supposed to ask a ranger first, and only hunt the beaches at state parks...

Generally city parks are ok anywhere, but there are exceptions like around KC, KS where you have to get a permit. There is a lot of variance in enforcement of rules and petty laws like the ones in place to prevent people from digging pits and really tearing up a park. How much damage is someone really going to do with a lesch anyway? It is very spoon-like compared to a shovel. A security officer once told us "You guys are using like a little garden trowel? That isn't going to bother anything. Go ahead."

Just do a good job, and micromanage putting the grass and dirt back, use care. Don't just slop it back and stomp. I fluff the dirt and grass back in place with my bare fingers like a rake would.

State parks are a different ball game for sure. Yes that is the only rule. I do not even count them as a Ga park they are gov parks to me. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom