• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Petrified Canadian Goose and Honker of a Golden Ring

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Got out for a a dive and a half today. Second dive was a disaster and had to quit. My right ear was throbbing for some reason. Maybe the beginning of an infection.

However, first dive was pretty good. I think you can call three rings good. First one is a Boblo Amusement Park ring from Detroit. Second is silver and the third is 13.72 grams of 14K gold. Looks like it was supposed to be a signet but they either wanted it plain or were waiting for it to be engraved when it was lost.

The petrified goose is a piece of driftwood I thought looked close to a Canadian goose.

Three Washington's, a rosey and my second LEAD nickel out of this spot. First one as the indentation of a buffalo on it, this one is plain but is exactly the same size as a nickel to go into a vending machine.

I did dive for two pair of Maui Jim glasses and a few other things and found them all first thing this morning. Another 110.00 to add to my diving fund.

Last edited:
i hope that ear is ok. my big bro used to get a lot of ear issues when he did diving.
congrats on the chunky gold and all of your other finds! and maybe that goose layed a few golden eggs for ya! ;) :D

Pete

That's two honkers there :lol:

Congrats Scuba!

My daughter's on the swim team and we put drops 50/50 rubbing alcohol and distilled white vinegar in her ears after swimming ever since she got an ear infection one time. Ear infections are not fun, hope you get passed it soon.

There you go! Short time to hit some big numbers! Hopefully you will get on a whole stack of those under an old raft site or something!!

A clunker and a honker....er, ain't that what geese do, honk?
Is that an signet ring that is not engraved or just worn off? Nice finds!!
DL

Ear stopped hurting and maybe I will try again tomorrow. I wish 6 to 8 inches of muck would leave that area fast. I know there is a lot of deep stuff in that place. If only dredges were not illegal!

Tiz life in the big city. I will never be able to hunt this area and clean it out. Maybe after I am gone and someone else is hitting it. Someone on here might remember my posts and the fun I had pilfering it

Ear stopped hurting and maybe I will try again tomorrow. I wish 6 to 8 inches of muck would leave that area fast. I know there is a lot of deep stuff in that place. If only dredges were not illegal!

Tiz life in the big city. I will never be able to hunt this area and clean it out. Maybe after I am gone and someone else is hitting it. Someone on here might remember my posts and the fun I had pilfering it

Or maybe they will drain the lake!! Then us regulars would be pilfering for sure!

Back
Top Bottom