$400 Value of used Whites XLT and Lesche???

Ohio Digger

Elite Member
I'm selling my old Cub Cadet and a guy wants to trade his used XLT. He says its worth $400. He also has 1 rechargeable pack and 1 AA pack, plus a Lesche and headphones. He says it gets down to 10". If I decide to not keep it would I be able to get $400 for it??? The machine looks pretty clean.

It's a 1989 Cub Cadet 1050. He's giving me $500 cash plus the detector and accessories. Is there anything I can check to make sure the detector is operating properly? I'm not familiar with a whites. Is it an upgrade from an Ace 250?

It's a 1989 Cub Cadet 1050. He's giving me $500 cash plus the detector and accessories. Is there anything I can check to make sure the detector is operating properly? I'm not familiar with a whites. Is it an upgrade from an Ace 250?

If it were me, I'd take that deal in a heartbeat, providing everything checks out alright with the MD. Good luck with your decision!

I didn't use the XLT, but I used the Dual Frequency XLT---the DFX. I think that almost all of the features are the same except for the ones that require two frequencies instead of the one 6.59 kHz transmitted by the XLT. I absolutely loved my DFX--and the guy who bought it from me seems to have the same appreciation for it already.
IMHO, you can't go wrong with White's--they've got **the best** customer service--I don't think any member here on the forum would have a bad word to say about them...no exaggeration.
Their detectors, while a little on the heavy side, are durable, awesome machines with stellar performance and versatility, once you learn how to use them(the XLT, DFX, VX3, and V3i all have quite a few settings to be able to adjust).
I could ramble on about all kinds of stuff, but you get the picture.

Personally, I think the XLT, in decent condition, is definitely worth it, especially if you get extra coils. Check out *sold* listings of XLTs on ebay and you'll see what I mean.
Good luck with your decision! Hope this little bit of info helps.

I would say $400.00 isn't out of the question for the XLT w/the Lesche and headphones especially if the headphones are some of the higher end phones. I have a real nice XLT lined up to buy when I get my tax return this coming week. I have heard and read alot of good things about the XLT.

Attachments

• 1336077414_0.jpg
    1336077414_0.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 596
I love old garden tractors.Heres my Allis Chalmers.I have the mowing deck,tiller,turning plow and a row busting plow for it.

The XLT is a great machine.

Attachments

• PICT3142.jpg
    PICT3142.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 516
Well we didn't do the deal. The detector seemed pretty erratic over my backyard. There is no interference, or at least nothing I've had trouble with in the past. He's owned it for a while so I figured he should have been able to get it to settle down. It did get me looking at Whites though. What is the difference between an E-series and one that is not? Or are they all E-series? I was considering trying to pick up an XLT used if I can find another one.

All of the upper end whites machines, XLT, DFX, MXT, are E-series machines except the VX3 and V3i which are spectra series. I've been using them for the past 30+ years and don't have a complaint. Their customer service is the best. The XLT is a great machine in the $300-$400 range.

From my reading and I have been doing alot because I am getting an XLT is the only difference between the older "rainbow" XLT and the newer "E" series is the stickers, they are exactly the same electronically.

From my reading and I have been doing alot because I am getting an XLT is the only difference between the older "rainbow" XLT and the newer "E" series is the stickers, they are exactly the same electronically.[/QUOT

yes they are the same.

OP should take that deal.

I bet Ski would swap that mower of his for an ACE 150 any day...

Well we didn't do the deal. The detector seemed pretty erratic over my backyard. There is no interference, or at least nothing I've had trouble with in the past. He's owned it for a while so I figured he should have been able to get it to settle down. It did get me looking at Whites though. What is the difference between an E-series and one that is not? Or are they all E-series? I was considering trying to pick up an XLT used if I can find another one.

What was the detector doing?

It seemed kind of chatty/erratic. Maybe he just didn't know what he was doing with it. He says he's owned it for a while though. I was afraid to take a chance on it. I have a guy interested in my Cub Cadet for the $750 I'm asking so I may call the guy back and offer some cash if he can show me how it works better. Do you think $300 is a slap in the face for it?

Back
Top Bottom