• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Small coil for the E-Trac

off the iron

Elite Member
I'm really wanting to get a small coil for my E-Trac. I have found some great parks in my area and am doing my best to clean them out! There are a few real trashy areas that drive my ears crazy when I try and go in them.

Was hoping to get some input on what small coils people like here on the forum. I'm sure there is silver within the trash but right now I cant stand going in there.

Thanks

The 6" Excelerator is a excellent small coil for the FBS machines... The 6x8 SEF is good mid sized... wildherre

small coil

6dd Excellerator EQ2 for E-trac-i've had one on my e-trac for about 2 months now-you won't be disappointed great depth-- finds the goodies-and $100 is a fair price for one-i'd recommend snatching that one up!! Tony AZ:cool:

I've got a 5" Excellerator right here that's junk. Anyone want it?
Detech has the poorest quality insulation on their coil cables I've ever seen....and I have two of 'em, so it's not an isolated case, it's a fact.

I use the 6x8 SEF coil and love it, just completed 11 consecutive hunts with silver using it

6 inch excelarator coil EQ2 PRO

Used only 2 times , will go up for sale tonight , on the classified, I have a 13 ultimate on the way , and I am not buying another lower rod at 75.00 a pop, here it is 100.00 shipped, last call, Earl

Attachments

• 6 inch Excelerator coil for E-trac 001.JPG
    6 inch Excelerator coil for E-trac 001.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 1,070
  • 6 inch Excelerator coil for E-trac 002.JPG
    6 inch Excelerator coil for E-trac 002.JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 995
  • 6 inch Excelerator coil for E-trac 003.JPG
    6 inch Excelerator coil for E-trac 003.JPG
    167.8 KB · Views: 1,067
I started with a SEF 8x6 and wasn't wild about it sold it. bought 10x5 coiltek and fell in love with it. since then I've have got to use Both the Sunray X8 and X5 and for me neither was as good as the Coiltek ... the coiltek separated better and locked onto proper Id much faster. I also have a NEL 12x8 and it's ok but seems like I always either use the Coiltek 10x5 or the Detech Ultimate 13" ... two awesome coils for the Etrac that should be in everybody's lineup. I also love that the 10x5 is a solid bottom so it glides over stuff. Being longer I can cover a little more ground but it's also only 5" wide so it separates great and good depth ... dug several dimes at 7+"

Ive never used the Coiltek 6" but would like to try one in the future. For now I like the Sunray X5 and Sunray X8 as my two smaller Etrac coils. They give me good performance and are made well.

I have the FBS 800....and to be completely honest, I would recommend any of the aftermarket coils before it, I have never been impressed with it on my Etrac or the Explorer.

Back
Top Bottom