Old drawing

OkieDigger

Forum Chipmunk
Forum Supporter
I found an old drawing of a town here done back in the early 1900's. As you can see, the corner in the middle of the picture has houses. But, 1/4 of that block is now just an open field. The neighborhood pictured here is from around the turn of the century (1900). I received permission today to hunt it. Wish me luck!

Attachments

• seneca_160.jpg
    seneca_160.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 189
Forgot to add that the sidewalks in this neighborhood are still the original brick ones :yes:

I have quite a few similar old drawings of streets and old homesteads around here, but I certainly am not going to share them with our guests ;)

Good Luck OD.

Yeah, I left out all the important information ;) Tomorrow is the day. Hopefully I find something nice (basically silver).

WTG OD! I'll wager there is more there to go after. Hit it again and you will probably do quite well. :yes:

Excellent - congrats!

Does the name of that town start with a B, by chance?

I think I stumbled across the same map the other day!

I did some further research and came up with something interesting. If you'd like to get together I'll share my hunch with ya for a chance to learn some of the ropes!

PM me?

Steve

I have the same thing going here, okiedigger. I've got a lot of black and white photos of around 17 old ghost towns, and through exploring the scrub and working out where the sites are, I grid each site and work carefully from one to another. I use a GPS to log where they are, in case I forget which one's been covered. I download this info, and a pic accompanies the site location. So it helps me remember what's what.
All the best with this one Okie!
HH Angela :grin:

Back
Top Bottom