Youtube Channel Question - Merging for monetization

TheCoilist

Elite Member
So, I have a couple of YouTube channels and recently YT has changed their monetization policy. You can not make money on a new channel until you have over 4000 hours watched and over 1000 subscribers.

My dilemma is that I have a channel that is set up for mostly metal detecting and I have over 2k subscribers and it's monetized already. I started a channel for my homestead projects but have only half the 4k hours watched and only 200 subscribers. The channel only has 9 videos at the moment.

My question is that I have over 18k views on some of the videos and I am losing money.

Would you move the videos to the existing monetized channel and mix the channel genre or would you just lose money and keep pushing content until the dedicated homestead channel gets the requirements??

Combine them into one. Several channels do tat sort of thing and are very successful.

You don't see any issues with mixed niche genres? I don't want to lose subscribers because I didn't post a MD video and they start seeing a homestead video pop up on my channel.

Let me guess; Youtube is still posting advertising vids in front of your vids and still making money, though.....right?

Roger

Let me guess; Youtube is still posting advertising vids in front of your vids and still making money, though.....right?

Roger

I haven't watched my own videos, but my guess is yes. I thought they were monetized and approved because my analytics shows revenue earned per video but under my channel account info monetization is not enabled yet because it's still in the "review process" and gives me the status of that process.

So yes, they're still making money, just not passing it my way yet. lol They owe me back pay!

Back
Top Bottom