Property question

MetalJunkie

So I was wondering if anyone could help me out. My hometown has a lot of older homes in areas which are now run down. The past year they started bulldozing a lot in an effort to "clean up" the neighborhoods. Most of the homes were abandoned for many years and condemned. Anyway, I would love to detect some of these spots(namely my Mom's childhood home) and am wondering who I would get a hold of to get permission. Any ideas?

Look on your city or county's property tax web site. Could be your city bought the properties and you don't have to hunt down individual owners. I understand that most of the property tax web sites have a map feature of some sort. In ours, you can click the property on the map and ownership is identified. Good luck!

Look on your city or county's property tax web site. Could be your city bought the properties and you don't have to hunt down individual owners. I understand that most of the property tax web sites have a map feature of some sort. In ours, you can click the property on the map and ownership is identified. Good luck!
Awesome! Thank you. I will look into that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

if they were "abandoned" and "condemned" , that sounds like an eminent domain type issue, eh ? If so, that would make them city-owned. Where I'm at, we don't ask questions. We just wait till after 5pm (worker-cut-out-time) and hit it before our competition does :laughing:

if they were "abandoned" and "condemned" , that sounds like an eminent domain type issue, eh ? If so, that would make them city-owned. Where I'm at, we don't ask questions. We just wait till after 5pm (worker-cut-out-time) and hit it before our competition does :laughing:

Hah I am thinking that is the way to go.

Yeah...In this scenario, I'd just hunt away...In fact, You would be doing all parties concerned a favor by NOT asking...that way, nobody has to think too much or put their @ss on the line granting you permission in case you fall down over a 'trip hazard' and get hurt by a falling tree branch or attacked by yellowjackets or bitten by a rabid skunk or some damn thing...

Generally speaking, Nobody really gives one diddly damn what you do until you ask...In the scenario you outlined, dont ask, just hunt.

.... Generally speaking, Nobody really gives one diddly damn what you do until you ask......

We had the oldest high school in our city undergo renovations in the mid 1990s. All the grass out of the inner court was ripped out, and it was "game on" for several of us ! Each night we'd show up as the contractor company was leaving, and the guy would just say "shut the gate on your way out, and re-attach the bailing wire loop. And a janitor (in the unaffected buildings) would come out each night to see our latest finds. It was going great !

Until some local genius decided to go ask permission from district offices across town. The guy said "no". And then the suit-&-tie guy started booting others (that apparently, up-till-then, didn't mentally register ?). Aaarrrgghhh

Daughter. And that is a very good idea. :yes:

Now you got it MetalJunkie! A good rule in Life...Always have a plausible excuse in mind for what you are doing, and in case some stranger asks you a question, it dont mean you have to give them an honest answer!:laughing::laughing:

You gotta give them something though, so be prepared....

Rehearse: "My damned ol boss man sent me out here with this damned old thing to find the Pintle pin we slung offa the bushhog last week!" "My Daughter lost Memaws ring out here at the soccer tournament" ... "Some damned Lady lost her car keys" etc. and on and on...just mumble something and try to appear stupid...nobodys gonna cuffNstuff some poor old guy trying to do a favor? Worse case, some authority figure wants to get randy? Just stand there, blubber on about something and wet your pants!...wear khakis for the full visual effect! :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom