Mississippi Maps?

stumpy

Does anyone have any websites with old Mississippi maps? I have looked, and I can't really find anything. Specifically I am looking for around Wayne County. One of the oldest places around here is Winchester, MS. There is not much there now, but at one time I think it used to be alot bigger. I think there was even a fort there during the war. I would love to find the location of places like this to hunt.

for what it's worth, I think you can get the enumeration district maps from the 1940 census by googling that. good luck. it shows churches, schools, and houses.

Thanks. I found the maps from 1940. I see churches and schools on it, but I don't see houses. There are a couple schools I have never heard of, now I have to find them.

Winchester

I have been detecting in several areas of Winchester. Lets team up and see what we can discuss. DAVID- 251-366-9981

Does anyone have any websites with old Mississippi maps? I have looked, and I can't really find anything. Specifically I am looking for around Wayne County. One of the oldest places around here is Winchester, MS. There is not much there now, but at one time I think it used to be alot bigger. I think there was even a fort there during the war. I would love to find the location of places like this to hunt.

Don't forget the Library of Congress, which has a huge collection of digitized maps, including Mississippi.

https://www.loc.gov/maps/collections/?st=gallery

Once there, type your town or state into the search box.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom