Yikes! Whats wrong with my MD

catskillcomics

I went to a spot to go MD'n and when I turn on the machine, It starting behaving radically right away, the ID was stuck on 25. & dollar and was beeping like crazzy (deet deet deet deet deet....), I thought maybe it was electrical lines, but its even doing it here at home. Now yesterday eve I did some shallow water detecting in about 12-18" of water.. the electronics didn't get wet.. but could that of caused this ? Any feedback would be appreciated

You may have a crack in your coil and some water got in it causing it to short out. I would check to see if that is the case otherwise I would try doing a hard reset by turning your machine on and then taking the batteries out while it is on. I'm not sure what detector you have but that is how you do it on a white's. Hope these suggestions help you out.

I have a white's and I thought about a cracked coil, I just a few minutes ago checked the coil seams to make sure I don't see anything suspicious, but that doesn't mean anything it could be hard to see. .I'll try the hard reset.. THANKS

I did the hard reset, its much better, still some ticking in there.. You maybe right about the coil, I took the protective cover off and let it breathe a little.. hopefully it will dry out, or I may want to invest in an extra coil.. just in case

Scott

Catskill... you also could have had some sloshing around under the coil cover, its a good idea to seal the cover with a good waterproof silicone sealant if you're going to use a cover.

Back
Top Bottom