Do I need permission for MD in LA beaches?

genebest

I am going to LA for a couple month and planning to detecting on LA beaches, for example Venice beach,
Should I get a permission? Any restrictions in LA for MD?

I am going to LA for a couple month and planning to detecting on LA beaches, for example Venice beach,
Should I get a permission? Any restrictions in LA for MD?

That info should readily available if you look. Just find the beach rules online for the operating hours and no glass etc it should be around there.

... Any restrictions in LA for MD?

Yes. The "restriction" is that you must send me 30% of all your finds (I accept paypal). And yes, you should "get permission" . I grant it to you. Ok, now go find some good stuff !

Ok, seriously now: All CA beaches are open fair game. The *only* possible exception is a few (very few) beach access points in CA are federal. Fortunately very few . And even of them, I only know of one, north of S.F. that ever had any "scrams".

Almost every single beach up and down CA is either city, county, or state. Not fed. And in Southern CA, I don't know of any beaches that are fed. Or let's just put it this way: The entire southern CA coast is no problem.

I think Venice beach would be great. Just go into the muscle beach area... wear TWO fanny packs, and mumble to yourself, I know I left that barbell around here somewhere...

When you're on the main sand, every once in a while, twitch like you've been shocked, and yell, 'I'm SURE it's not contagious! The Doctor was WRONG!" And scratch your arm while muttering about spiders under your skin.

You'll get a nice wide berth. And let us know how that goes for you.

Skippy

California beaches eh? Wear black knee high socks and sandals...shorts with suspenders and a bowtie if you have one, a top hat is a nice touch if you are not wearing phones....Occasionally holler out for no reason some sort of obtuse utterance when you find a pulltab...

Throw your head back and just holler it out! It doesnt have to make any sense, just a lot of gusto and volumn!...

My personal favorite example?: "Who calls this Mutherhubbard a Piccolo Player?" You just roar it out and look around all crazy eyed as if you are expecting an answer:laughing: General common sense California beach survival techniques...Nobody will even notice you...assless chaps with an American flag poked up out of your tookus in lieu of shorts/suspenders is another fine touch out there..:laughing:.

If Skippy and mud-puppy's suggestions don't work, & someone STILL tries to question you, try this: Stare at them with a blank stare. Wet your pants, then scream "i'm proud of my heritage !" & "black lives matter!" They should leave you alone after that.

If Skippy and mud-puppy's suggestions don't work, & someone STILL tries to question you, try this: Stare at them with a blank stare. Wet your pants, then scream "i'm proud of my heritage !" & "black lives matter!" They should leave you alone after that.

Lol :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom