Recovered wedding ring

MDC

Forum Supporter
I was not planning on going out again today, but after finding a beautiful silver ring during a short dry sand morning hunt I had what some may call "the fever." Met up with SanDiegoDigger from YouTube on Coronado near the dog beach around 9am. Wasn't getting many targets so I figured I'd meander toward a typically more populated area of the beach near the Hotel del Coronado.

Once I arrived I was approached by a beachcomber in his vehicle (employee) who mentioned a couple had lost their wedding ring near the entrance to the beach from the hotel grounds. I headed that way and sure enough they flagged me down. They are a Chinese couple, staying temporarily in Arizona, and were visiting the Hotel del Coronado for their second wedding anniversary. The woman had lost her ring near the border of the concrete and the sand while she was changing shoes the previous evening at around 6pm. She said a small group of people searched for the ring with their hands until around 8:30pm.

I would have preferred to have my Excal with me, but I made due with the Surf PI DF, which was quite interesting since I was digging paper clips and bobby pins at the busiest entry point to the beach while the anxious couple watched. Shortly after I started working a grid another MDer arrived with a Spectrum V3i and he started at it as well.

Twenty minutes later neither the V3i user nor I had the ring. I got more detailed information from the woman that lost her ring, and figured I'd give it another grid through, focusing tighter on the area where the concrete met the sand. This did the trick because not two minutes later I had her ring in my scoop. By the time I found it a large crowd had gathered so there was some cheering when I found it.

Cool thing is she speaks fluent Japanese and I got a chance to practice my language skill with her. In fact, we communicated more concisely in Japanese than when she used her English. :lol:

The pics are from my phone so they're not the greatest.

IMG_1853.jpg

wedding ring found.jpg

Great story, MD's need positive stories with all the anti MD'ing going on.

Told my wife I might have gotten into this hobby at the wrong time, but stories like yours are always good to hear.

By the way, that ladies purse is almost bigger than she is. :grin:

Nice work there MDC. and congrats. And some people call MD hunters nerds. Until they need you.

Great job! And thanks for making the rest of us look just a little better.

Back
Top Bottom