Gold prices

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
I was taken back today to see gold at $1236...... what a jump. I kept saying to myself...... how can EVERYTHING be down except the house market? The problem is by time you send it in to ARA........ the price drops. Looks like day traders making a fast buck........ run it up sell it off. If it hits $1300 thats my magic number for a little extra cash.

Dew

I have been paying close attention... my gold is going up but my stocks are taking a pounding... :roll:

I have been paying close attention... my gold is going up but my stocks are taking a pounding... :roll:

Yep, it's been a frustrating 2016 so far. I know you have Boeing as one of your holdings and it's been taking a very undeserved beating. Good time to reinvest the dividends.

$1256..... and going up. Sound like oil, srocks and banking are tied....but I was surprised gold hadnt moved sooner.

I've been up since 5am watching it...now up 60+ ...

Global Stocks taking a beating like a baby seal! The stackers over on zerohedge are throwing a party! Unfortunately goldbuggers/stackers seem to be about the worse boat handlers I know...always tipping over with all those coins for some reason..:laughing:

Mud

Yep, it's been a frustrating 2016 so far. I know you have Boeing as one of your holdings and it's been taking a very undeserved beating. Good time to reinvest the dividends.

I do reinvest them Rudy... I don't have a retirement account being self employed ;)

I cant quite figure out where this is going...thought yesterday it would take off during the FED testimony, but no, it just diddled around in a $5 range all day!

China markets closed on New years holiday, impending war on the horizon, neg interest rates in Japan, etc...then last night, evidently a lot of the miners cancelled their memberships to the LME, somebody took out 75% of COMEX phys holdings...which sold 542 contracts per 1oz...so a guy is thinking, OK, now is the time! But Great Parker Schnauble! This kind of a stratospheric jump? Somethings afoot and I cant find out what it is right yet...Still working the sources..
Mud

Here we go... My friggin 401k is mostly in emerging markets! Like 2008-2009 all over again. Yellen all over the TV not a good sign. Negative rates, god help us. The Feds tool box is empty!

Here we go... My friggin 401k is mostly in emerging markets! Like 2008-2009 all over again. Yellen all over the TV not a good sign. Negative rates, god help us. The Feds tool box is empty!

Ouch!!! Having a big chuck in emerging markets is way too aggressive...and dangerous.

Yeah...I'm a self employed small businessman...I got out completely with what I could salvage, which wasnt much...I'm perfectly capable of losing my own money just fine, and am ashamed of myself for letting somebody else do it for me!

My 'retirement policy' strategy involves a detector, and living in somebodies shed.....Ramen noodles and a few plump mice, some vegetable scraps from the Piggley Wiggley dumpster, close your eyes, and you would think you were eating Beef Bourgogne at DelMonicos!:laughing: You find a fresh road kill woodchuck, and a few potatoes, or cattail roots, and buddy, now were at Mortons!:laughing:

Sipping a fine half decanter of discarded Bumwine, and an after dinner smoke from a found butt drop makes it all the better!
Mud

I do reinvest them Rudy... I don't have a retirement account being self employed ;)

In the news today. Boeing is being investigated by the government over some accounting practices. Boeing plunges 8% following a Bloomberg report that the SEC is investigating whether the company properly accounted for the costs and expected sales of its 787 Dreamliner and the 747 jumbo aircraft.

Buy, buy, buy!

Attachments

• sheep-flock.jpg
    sheep-flock.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 301
In the news today. Boeing is being investigated by the government over some accounting practices. Boeing plunges 8% following a Bloomberg report that the SEC is investigating whether the company properly accounted for the costs and expected sales of its 787 Dreamliner and the 747 jumbo aircraft.

Its bad enough I just read about eating out of a dumpster and now you enlightening my day... can't ask for anything more :lol:

My retirement account has taken a beating. Hope there's something left by the time I do retire. My ROTH IRA is down as well but that money I can't touch for at least another 15 years or so

My retirement account has taken a beating. Hope there's something left by the time I do retire. My ROTH IRA is down as well but that money I can't touch for at least another 15 years or so

I have a Seps and Roth and refuse to open either one of them... :roll: I have taken out of my Roth without penalty in the past...

I have a Seps and Roth and refuse to open either one of them... :roll: I have taken out of my Roth without penalty in the past...

Good to know. I was told I couldn't touch my ROTH until I'm like 59 1/2 or something along those lines

Back
Top Bottom