Happy Wednesday! Silver coins

Procali

Elite Member
Hit the same beach and erosion is continuing to spread like the plague, rocks everywhere making digging targets torturous after the 50th hole, but no pain no gain. Good sounding Targets are becoming harder to find, so digging all iffy tones as a result lots of bullet casings and bullets, maybe do to the pounding or maybe do to the rocks that rob you of precious inches of detecting depth. First coin was a 1912 v nickel and i tought it was going to be epic, not. I did manage close to the end of the hunt at the 5 hr mark to find a nice pocket on the outside of the rocks where i got most of the wheats, 1 rosie and the two mercs the other rosie i got like at the 4 hr mark to save the skunk. The tide started to push and left the spot. Got a super nice old toy train intact, some silver rings and some odds and ends. Was a nice 6 hr hunt and the day was sunny and warm, just perfect. Gl and HH.

f5eb7db30c53d37c0da0956a5033beae_zpsi7idazn8.jpg

Look at those rocks!

4e585299bd0fbb9cac884dc9595f9098_zpsgr31s3vf.jpg

Choo choo. And lead seal.

dfe738a23f9fd95734212d59bf0dabd1_zpsc8d00fmq.jpg

The rest of it.

d4228c6c87501dd32c662892de368bf1_zpsgwc9lxay.jpg

check out Crumble at the upper left corner digging a target. Behind him another looter Mark and his buddy with a broken lower shaft on his DF.

1567c24f957045cc6144637c5cb8f534_zpsgap5hlud.jpg

Nice finds!

Now i know what this little lead discs i always find are for... tootsie tot toy wheels. I have probably found 20 of them but never found the actual toy.

Great hunting there! Hey, I found a little train up here back in 2012 along with a merc one day in a big cut like that! Fresh water, gets these weird rust blooms on them when they have been down a long time!
Mud

Attachments

• merc.jpg
    merc.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 402
Nice finds and can't believe all that rocky stuff! No wonder people come down here for our lovely sand.

Looks like you had a great hunt. I believe your lead seal is really the remains of a letterpress printing block, the wood having rotted off years ago. I found two this weekend, and I was very surprised, as I have a letterpress printshop in my basement. My hobbies very rarely cross paths! Happy hunting.

That's a great hunt in my book! Congrats on the silvers and nice variety of jewelry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great job , digging in the rocks and looks like a lot of competition
Nice finds
HH

Great Pics and some nice oldies... Looks like New England rocks almost...

Nice finds!

Now i know what this little lead discs i always find are for... tootsie tot toy wheels. I have probably found 20 of them but never found the actual toy.

Yep, also Barclays toys from war times. I need to get back out there and get me some yellow.

Nice finds and can't believe all that rocky stuff! No wonder people come down here for our lovely sand.

I think i only got 3 Felix p's on the hunt, most of the year thats what it is deep sand, if i go a couple hundred yards north its sand heaven.

Great hunting there! Hey, I found a little train up here back in 2012 along with a merc one day in a big cut like that! Fresh water, gets these weird rust blooms on them when they have been down a long time!
Mud

I like finding old toys, not so much the damn lead or metal wheels.

Looks like you had a great hunt. I believe your lead seal is really the remains of a letterpress printing block, the wood having rotted off years ago. I found two this weekend, and I was very surprised, as I have a letterpress printshop in my basement. My hobbies very rarely cross paths! Happy hunting.

Thanks for the info, it was a good hunt, one of my other hobbies crosses paths every time i hunt a beach And thats Fishing.

Great Pics and some nice oldies... Looks like New England rocks almost...

Thanks OBN i think im gona have to mod my excal to get the treasure under the rocks, every additional Inch does count in this scenario.

Back
Top Bottom