Another Toy for my Collection

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Bought another toy to play with underwater this summer today. On some drop offs the silt is 6 - 10" thick. I saw video's on YouTube of them using one of these to blow the silt away. Decided to shell out the money and try it.

Rated to 25 meters or 82 foot. Came with a lot of extras. On the older swim area drop off's I will not have it pull me around. I will be turning it backwards and blowing the silt deeper to the bottom and looking for what is left on the drop off after the water clears.

In one lake the swim platform anchors are buried almost two foot deep. I think I will be having some fun getting down to where the deep coins and rings are hiding.

Can't wait till I get my underwater drone also. I believe these tools will really help me clean up some spots.

Nice!

Underwater drone? Now that would be a toy I'd love to see in action.

Your wish is granted!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjTh8ChlFss

Mine has a tether that goes to a wireless buoy. It then sends the signal to my laptop on my boat, or shore or dock. Ordered but I won't get it till November. RATS.

However, next year everyone that wants to will see some exciting video's of underwater hunting in action.

Nice. There's freaking water/shoreline everywhere around where I live, but I've never detected it... Go figure.. But after all the fields get planted and I can't hunt them anymore--I'm hitting the water baby!!!! :cool:

Love it! But won't all that silt cloud the water up to zero visibility?

Love it! But won't all that silt cloud the water up to zero visibility?

Quite possibly, but HOPEFULLY since it is on a drop off it will go DOWN. However, if not, I can dive in another part of the lake for another dive and come back 3 hours later to see what was uncovered. I am hoping old bottles and deeper coins and rings. Nobody else is able to get to the spots I am going to take this critter to.

And with the video's it looks like after you blow the silt off the drop off you can blow clear water in? LOL looks easy, we will see!

Love the idea and please keep us informed. I've seen them used on a few places and really like the way the heavy stuff just sets there as all the sand and silt get blown away...

I have been kicking around getting a jetski but keep putting it off. Was thinking a four inch flexible pipe coming off the rear thruster sure would move some sand. I meet a oldtimer who use to hunt years ago and he said three of them would get around to different beach's using a jet boat. If they were not having any luck he would jump in the boat and make a three passes up and down to clear sand. Said it worked every time.

Sweet! I imagine a guy would need some extra weights to stay on site while running that thing? Or hook a foot into a loop in the raft anchor rope or something? Maybe just 'burst' operation...anyway, I'm sure you will figure it out!

When a guy gets to thinking...even a wader could use that in the right areas where theres a lot of light tabs over a thin layer of sand with hardpack beneath. I got a place in mind...
Mud

Sweet! I imagine a guy would need some extra weights to stay on site while running that thing? Or hook a foot into a loop in the raft anchor rope or something? Maybe just 'burst' operation...anyway, I'm sure you will figure it out!

When a guy gets to thinking...even a wader could use that in the right areas where theres a lot of light tabs over a thin layer of sand with hardpack beneath. I got a place in mind...
Mud

Sure Mud. I can even help or let you borrow it while I play in deeper water waiting for it to cloud up. We should try it one day!!

Love the idea and please keep us informed. I've seen them used on a few places and really like the way the heavy stuff just sets there as all the sand and silt get blown away...

I have been kicking around getting a jetski but keep putting it off. Was thinking a four inch flexible pipe coming off the rear thruster sure would move some sand. I meet a oldtimer who use to hunt years ago and he said three of them would get around to different beach's using a jet boat. If they were not having any luck he would jump in the boat and make a three passes up and down to clear sand. Said it worked every time.

Like a mail box for professional hunters. They use them to direct prop wash. A great idea but in three of these lakes I am not allowed to launch a boat. They are MOSTLY private. But I have access.

Scuba

So is this the procedure, you scan the lakes with the drown, if you see say a ring, then you dive with the blower, retrieve the ring , than blow the entire area for more goods , or treasure , if not how will it happen ? PS i checked the video out , but no sound , the drown looks nice but it is not wireless :(

Back
Top Bottom