UPDATE: VERIFIED! Putting the Detector Away, I’m Retiring After Yesterday’s Find!!!*

huge congrats. if your not sure if it's real try doing a Google search for how to tell if a Rolex is real.
way to go man !!!

Wow! Welcome to the club Felix. I'm not in the club myself but welcome to the club anyway! :lol: That is so awesome and if it is that hard to tell between real and fake and you don't plan on selling it, it doesn't seem to matter! But what do I know? I'm not in the club. :no::D

Still looking for my first real deal Rolex. One I got had been in the water for years and started working straight away with a smooth sweeping second hand.

Found out that even the fakes can be good quality. So far three fakes down :lol: I hope yours turns out to be real brother. If not it's still a watch that works :yes:

Just wanted to let you know that Rolex watches have serial numbers. They are hidden. Good luck finding it.

You can contact Rolex with the serial number and they will have a list of owners of this particular watch. A lot like you can do with a vehicle.

Find out who last owned it and return it? Nah finders keepers:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I would ponder returning it. Maybe reap a reward? IDK
DD

See, he posted and hasn't been back. Must have hung up his detectors for good and abandoned his friends that find Felix pennies for him.

Hope his watch brings him his much needed happiness!! :laughing:

Now we need to find someone else to name the pennies after.

Awesome find!! I wouldn't worry about the scratches on the band. We all know gold is a soft metal. The crystal looks in great shape compared to the band which makes me lean toward the fact that sapphire crystals take a licking even if the watch stops ticking. There are some impressive fakes out there, but I hope it's the real deal for ya.
Also if you haven't already looked, there should be micro printing on the interior wall of the face case. between the dial and the bottom of the crystal you should be able to see the model #, serial # and "rolex" multiple times.

:ohthedrama: :laughing:

Nope SD, still here! Tomorrow I will be going to a watch place to have it cleaned and polished, sized correctly, and verified! Please light a candle and send positive energy my way fellow pirates. In any case, either way, its a nice working watch.

Awesome find!! I wouldn't worry about the scratches on the band. We all know gold is a soft metal. The crystal looks in great shape compared to the band which makes me lean toward the fact that sapphire crystals take a licking even if the watch stops ticking. There are some impressive fakes out there, but I hope it's the real deal for ya.
Also if you haven't already looked, there should be micro printing on the interior wall of the face case. between the dial and the bottom of the crystal you should be able to see the model #, serial # and "rolex" multiple times.

Thanks and yeah the micro-printing is there as I stated previously. However, I just saw a friend's fake stainless Rolex that he paid $200 for and his had it too! But he said the craftsmanship on mine was a step above on the fit of the band to the watch.

Way to go! Hope it is real. I saw the one Imalookin dug and the first thing I thought was " I'd have cut it in two!":lol: Edit. Forgot to add I had a friend back in the 80's who sold fake Rolexs. Even back then about the only giveaway was the second hand. The girls could not tell time I dated so I never bought one to impress them:shock::laughing:

Best to you that it's for real! Nothing like stepping up from Zincolns to Rolex's...Keep us informed..

sweet! big congrats,,,,,NOW, when asked, "did you find my Rolex",,,,the question we get asked a hundred times,,,,,answer---either yours or someone else's I did,,,,,,:laughing:bucket list item for sure,,,,GL HH

Hey Felix, awesome find!

My first impression based on the pictures is that it looks genuine! About 8 years ago I worked as a salesman at a jewelry store that was an authorized dealer for Rolex. I was a bit of a watch nut and spent a lot of time handling/drooling over our Rolex selection, and anytime a customer brought a Rolex in to be cleaned, repaired or adjusted I was always checking them out. We would even polish the watches in house. I personally polished many Rolex watches that appear to have had deeper and more scratches than yours.

Now, I wasn't a seasoned Rolex salesman who had been selling Rolex for years and years, but I could almost instantly tell a genuine Rolex from a fake one as soon as I picked it up (much like your jeweler friend stated when he handled it) even when it was a high dollar knock off. Another thing in favor of it being genuine is I can still see the manufacture protection stickers on the watch (circled in red). Although it is slightly strange that the previous owner didn't take these off... There also appears to be a defect on the clasp (circled in yellow) that I don't recall seeing on other Rolex watches, but it's tough to discern exactly what this is from the picture.

But huge congrats on this find! Looking forward to the official verdict later today!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 318
Hey Felix, awesome find!
Another thing in favor of it being genuine is I can still see the manufacture protection stickers on the watch (circled in red). Although it is slightly strange that the previous owner didn't take these off... There also appears to be a defect on the clasp (circled in yellow) that I don't recall seeing on other Rolex watches, but it's tough to discern exactly what this is from the picture.
But huge congrats on this find! Looking forward to the official verdict later today!!

Thanks on the sticker information I thought it odd that they were on there and didn't understand. When I saw real ones on the internet having the same stickers I became more hopeful. I don't understand why they were left there but the "defect" you see was also a sticker that was coming off.

Verified authentic!!!

I took it to watch guy that I could trust. He thought it was real but he opened it up and took pictures that he sent to a "Rolex expert" and that individual verified it as the real deal!!! :dingding::bling::kingdances::clapping::excited:
:woot::egyptian::gimmy::extrahappy::good::hat3: :sweet::wincup::gettinmoney:
There was moisture before that had seeped in that I didn't mention intially. It didn't show in the original pictures but when I looked at it through a jeweler's loupe it was there. I left the watch for a complete servicing and will have it back in a few days. I guess dreams can come true!

Attachments

• Rolex Movement 1.jpg
    Rolex Movement 1.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 298
  • Rolex Movement 2.jpg
    Rolex Movement 2.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 299
I took it to watch guy that I could trust. He thought it was real but he opened it up and took pictures that he sent to a "Rolex expert" and that individual verified it as the real deal!!! :dingding::bling::kingdances::clapping::excited:
:woot::egyptian::gimmy::extrahappy::good::hat3: :sweet::wincup::gettinmoney:
There was moisture before that had seeped in that I didn't mention intially. It didn't show in the original pictures but when I looked at it through a jeweler's loupe it was there. I left the watch for a complete servicing and will have it back in a few days.

Congratulations! You certainly earned that one! WE have all been waiting on the outcome of your extraordinary score! Yep! hang up the coil and call it!
Mud

Back
Top Bottom