• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Denied

15 Years or so ago, I tried to buy 30+ acres of land in Missouri from a widow that had moved from Missouri to Arizona. She wouldn't sell me the land, and said that she needed to "get up there" and check on the house. I had walkednthe land already and I knew the land was completely over grown with cedar trees so thick that you could hardly walk, and the house she spoke of had burned to the foundation many years prior. She said that a neighbor was running cows on the property, which he wasn't. I took her "no" as a solid answer. About a year later, I learned that she had sold the land to the neighbor for what I had offered her for the land. That guy owes me a thank you, because he bought the land at 1/3 the value. I had thought of flying to AZ with a check and a contract, but thought I would just be wasting my time because she had already said no. I regret this failure all the time. My point is this, maybe in a couple weeks, find and excuse to stop by her house, maybe bring her a homemade desert, and let her know you still want to search the lot if she changes her mind. Hard to say no, face to face.

Ok. But in-so-far as md'ing ........ how does this interesting story play-in ?

Back
Top Bottom