• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Miccus SR-71 headphones not paring with Equinox

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
Ok, some people have used Miccus SR-71 headphones that paired up to the Equinox 800 with no problems.

I just received mine about 3 weeks ago and they will not pair. The customer support people at Miccus said they were getting other reports of this happening and they don't know why.

I called Minelab customer support and they have not called back in 4 days.
Is that normal for Minelab to not call you back? I may have just missed them if they called on another number than their official number. On my iPhone I block all calls unless they are in my contact book.

I found the SR-71 sound better than the Minelab 800 supplied wireless headphones.

I’ve read people having problems with the miccus that are Bluetooth 5.0 you need the 4.2 for some reason. My soundpeats are 5.0 and work just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried a full reset on the nox? Have you updated to 2.0? Youre holding the wireless button down on the nox til you hear the beep indicating youre in pairing mode, and not just turning wireless on/off? Do the SR-71s pair with youre phone? If so, make sure youre cell phones BT is off while youre attempting to connect to the nox. Do you have another set of BT headphones you could pair with the nox to rule it out as the problem?

Just throwing out ideas here...

Its not the BT version as newer versions are backwards compatible with older. So i would say the SR-71s are the problem, not your nox. Why not return them for another pair? There are mixed reviews on Amazon posted as recently as Sept/Oct 2019 with some saying they worked perfectly with Nox and some not at all. Sounds kinda like a quality control issue on Miccus' part.

Back
Top Bottom