• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Think I'm going to love this!

Welcome from Kansas and Antiques Detectors. The addiction has just begun. Good Luck and Happy Hunting. Cant wait to see pictures of your finds. p.s. DIG EVERYTHING !!!

Welcome from Cleveland, TN. Best of luck and have fun with it. I did great my first year detecting, and a few years in I still love it!

Mark

Thank you everyone for the friendly replies. I appreciate all the tips. I won't be able to hunt again til Saturday... Is it Saturday yet??!?:D

Hey Cleveland... We are practically neighbors!

Yes we are Debi! I've been meaning to get over to Dayton and plunder some of the parks and a couple other places. If you see me out there, don't club me over the head for being on your turf!

hey

I am in Cleveland. Getting too old to hunt but still love it.

Did you know Sale Creek had 800 people living there where Chattanooga only had two persons living at Ross's Landing ? That is right , Sale Creek is older that the town of Chattanooga. Just go down there and ask permission to hunt yards, Caution , stay away from the Tennessee River. TVA property can you in bunches of trouble. Roane County is a good place to look. White's Creek trail that goes up the mountain is a good place because that was the main road between Knox and Nash. Washington Ferry is a good place. Just start by asking to look in some ones back yard.

you are very pretty, NEVER DETECT ALONE . someone could snatch you up. Carry maze

Good morning and welcome from SE Pennsylvania. Don't be afraid to use many of the forums on this site. Very knowledgeable people in here. "Help with Detectors" "Help ID my find" Anything you can do to speed up your learning curve.
Make a test garden, that's burying known objects like coins, lead projectiles, a brass object, to get a feel for how your machine reacts to such things. Also, bury a horse shoe and a rusty nail, a pull tab etc. It'll help you get a better feel for the "hits" you get. What to dig and what not to waste your time on. At first, dig everything but pay attention to your numbers and/or sounds. Eventually you'll get a good feel for your machine.
Get a good digger, Sampson 31" Tee handle and a Lesche are great. Get a good pin pointer, I like the Garret AT pro (the carrot).
I'm also a nut for research. Do some computer work, try Historicmapworks.com, Historicaeriels.com. Find your old farm on these sites. You may find an old foundation, wagon trail etc. Google civil war activity in your area. Search around old swimming holes, wells etc.
Keep your coil flat to the ground almost scrubbing the surface. Overlap your swings. Find the best swing speed on your new test garden.
Above all, ask questions. We're all here to help.

I am in Cleveland. Getting too old to hunt but still love it.

Did you know Sale Creek had 800 people living there where Chattanooga only had two persons living at Ross's Landing ? That is right , Sale Creek is older that the town of Chattanooga. Just go down there and ask permission to hunt yards, Caution , stay away from the Tennessee River. TVA property can you in bunches of trouble. Roane County is a good place to look. White's Creek trail that goes up the mountain is a good place because that was the main road between Knox and Nash. Washington Ferry is a good place. Just start by asking to look in some ones back yard.

you are very pretty, NEVER DETECT ALONE . someone could snatch you up. Carry maze

Carrying corn will do you no good at all. We all try to be aware of our surroundings, you'll be a little isolated with your headphones on. You know your area and where to be careful.

Bilgewater! I detect alone all the time and in some circles I would be considered very pretty!...I've just not found the right circles yet...Never had no trouble getting 'snatched up' by a roving band of Gypsys or Aliens or just about anybody.....I do not carry Maize or Corn or even Sorghum!

Well OK, I do carry bags of Field Corn home on occasion to feed the squirrels now and then, but that is on account of I like to know I have a few fatties around here if I ever need one, it keeps them occupied and out of the Sunflower seeds......I think Maize is tiny little popcorn ears? Like Pilgrim stuff? Oh, I do carry a Charter Arms .38 5shot wheelie in an ankle holster, or under my hat on top of my head....but thats mainly for showing off, or Church...:laughing:..

Attachments

• halloween17-1.jpg
    halloween17-1.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 73
  • aug 18-16-3.jpg
    aug 18-16-3.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 71
Bilgewater! I detect alone all the time and in some circles I would be considered very pretty!...I've just not found the right circles yet...Never had no trouble getting 'snatched up' by a roving band of Gypsys or Aliens or just about anybody.....I do not carry Maize or Corn or even Sorghum!

Well OK, I do carry bags of Field Corn home on occasion to feed the squirrels now and then, but that is on account of I like to know I have a few fatties around here if I ever need one, it keeps them occupied and out of the Sunflower seeds......I think Maize is tiny little popcorn ears? Like Pilgrim stuff? Oh, I do carry a Charter Arms .38 5shot wheelie in an ankle holster, or under my hat on top of my head....but thats mainly for showing off, or Church...:laughing:..

Very pretty indeed Mudd. Why I'd snatch you up if I saw ya. Where do you detect :shock:

Very pretty indeed Mudd. Why I'd snatch you up if I saw ya. Where do you detect :shock:

Thank you! Its good to know somebody else here appreciates Romanesque physiques besides Gaston Lachaise!

I did get 'hit on' by a nice guy in JC Penney once!...about 25yrs ago....I was trying on some khaki Dockers off the discount "Going Out of Style" rack...:laughing: True...! Thats about it though...

Back
Top Bottom