Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Everything About Finds > What's the Value? > CRHing

Notices

Old 12-07-2017, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by pan4au View post
Congrats on the walker

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
Thanks!

Old 12-07-2017, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Stiffwrists View post
Awesome finding a walker in your first box. Kind of thinking of trying crh during the winter months. Let us know how the coin dump turns out.
Thanks.... will do!

Old 12-07-2017, 09:15 PM

A Walker in your first box -- awesome! Great way to start out. Come to think of it I found a Walker in one of my first boxes too. Then it seemed like forever before I found a Benjamin, which seemed really bass-ackwards.

Maybe clean it up and give it your daughter -- a lucky charm for your lucky charmer.

Happy Hunting!

Old 12-07-2017, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by TorqueMaster View post
A Walker in your first box -- awesome! Great way to start out. Come to think of it I found a Walker in one of my first boxes too. Then it seemed like forever before I found a Benjamin, which seemed really bass-ackwards.

Maybe clean it up and give it your daughter -- a lucky charm for your lucky charmer.

Happy Hunting!
Thanks for the great suggestion, and one which I will heed. Looking forward to having her help as I hunt in the future as well.

Old 12-07-2017, 11:57 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by jkbemdavis View post
So I picked up my first box today. I found three NIFC (a 2006, 2010, and 2013). My daughter while sorting said, "That's a weird one... and promptly handed me a 1919 Walker! I'm sure this isn't typical but it was enough fun for me to go get another box ordered for next week.

Happy Hunting Everyone!
Congrats on the Walker & NIFC's! "That's a weird one..." So funny.

No, not your typical box, but I came across a similar first experience. I only picked up 14 halves and got 3 Silver Franklins & 2 Silver Kennedys. Here is the post: Lots of Silver & Other Cool Finds.

Happy Hunting to you, too.

Mathew 6:19-21
2017 clad: 248 Coins ($15.75) ~ Oldest Coin: 1945 Wheat Penny
2 Foreign Coins ($0.06) ~ Oldest: 1961 Canadian Nickel ~ Au: 0 ~ Ag: 0

Harbor Freight 9 Function ~ Bounty Hunter Junior ~ Cen-Tech Pinpointer

Old 12-08-2017, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Wolf-Dog View post
Congrats on the Walker & NIFC's! "That's a weird one..." So funny.

No, not your typical box, but I came across a similar first experience. I only picked up 14 halves and got 3 Silver Franklins & 2 Silver Kennedys. Here is the post: Lots of Silver & Other Cool Finds.

Happy Hunting to you, too.
Thanks Wolf Dog. We definitely enjoyed hunting, and I hope to continue that throughout the winter months in Western New York.

Old 12-08-2017, 08:25 PM

Well that is some good beginners luck! Walkers don't pop up often so very cool. And what a great way to spend some time with your daughter

Old 12-08-2017, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Saver View post
Well that is some good beginners luck! Walkers don't pop up often so very cool. And what a great way to spend some time with your daughter
Yes cool for sure and thanks... she seems very happy to be helping out.

Old 12-09-2017, 10:57 AM
Elite Member

Thumbs up

An old walker you lucky dude!

Old 12-09-2017, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by metaladdict View post
An old walker you lucky dude!
Yup... pretty happy about it. I'm assuming from the comments here that it doesn't happen very often so I won't expect one in the next box lol, but I'm glad to have found one because otherwise I was feeling like it was a lot of work for 3 NIFC coins. I really want to slowly but surely start to build up some silvers to hang onto for the future. If they're really nice I might sell them sometime, give them to grandkids (which I don't have yet), or just hang onto them for the fun of it.